Gibson Brands Forums

j-45 legend

scriv58

I am very interested in this model, have scoured the internet for info, and am close to making a purchase on one built in 2007. I have read a few relevant entries here in past threads , wondering if anyone is still playing one and if they would like to give an opinion- thanks, scriv in southern illinois

Ditto to what Red said. Love the deep sound, and the big neck. Mine is December 2006. Had an issue with the under finish pick guard I think, and the whole top was resanded (thinner) and refinished, at the Gibson Bozeman plant, and is once again a remarkable guitar. Tomorrow it is having a Trance Amulet Stereo pickup system installed by a Gibson authorized tech that did the install on my 12 fret Jackson Browne, I cannot wait. Let us know how your hunt goes. I do not think there are many of these around. Make sure you have at least held one in your hands - the neck is quite a fistful at first.

thanks- i also have a jackson browne model, which gets all the play time. Is the neck a bit fuller?

Yes, it is a fuller almost "D" shape, while the JB is a bit shallower, depth wise. I think if you enjoy that jB neck, you will find the Legend acceptable - it has been described as baseball bat thickness. I have relatively small to medium size hands, and I'm a thumb-wrapper. I do not play much up the neck, nor do I do bar chords, and find the neck to be just fine.

Archived