Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

BobF_

My latest addition. I REALLY love this thing thru 2 x 12. So far I prefer GR5 cab models ITB over in-built emulation or Redbox for recording. The clean and lead channels are actually quite good direct, it's the rhythm channel that needs to be smoothed with a decent cab sim.

captured.png

My latest addition. I REALLY love this thing thru 2 x 12. So far I prefer GR5 cab models ITB over in-built emulation or Redbox for recording. The clean and lead channels are actually quite good direct, it's the rhythm channel that needs to be smoothed with a decent cab sim.

captured.png

first congrats on the new amp.....what is ITB......I have an emulated output on my Blackstar amp and I know what the Redbox is but am not familiar with ITB....

THANKS

first congrats on the new amp.....what is ITB......I have an emulated output on my Blackstar amp and I know what the Redbox is but am not familiar with ITB....

THANKS

Thanks!

Sorry ... ITB = In The Box, meaning in the DAW as opposed to external/stand-alone stuff.

The Red Box has a few switches, but it's basically one-trick emulation. The direct out of the Laney IRT Studio is also one-trick, but it can be turned off. Guitar Rig 5 does a pretty darn good job with the different cab and mic models. Cool stuff

Archived