Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdogric12

Does Epi not make an acous/elec 12string?

I know they made the EJ212-CE model in the '90s but they are scarce. It's a Super Jumbo Acoustic & the CE denotes cutaway & electronics. They came in Ebony, Natural or Sunburst.

I have an EJ212. It doesn't have the CE features. That's the way they came, either with or without cutaway and pickup/preamp.

If you are lucky enough to find one you can expect to spend more than 500-600 bucks and up.

You can find out a little about it here: http://www.epiphonewiki.com/index.php/EJ-Series

If you mean a Semi-Hollowbody electric there are others who would know more about those than me.

I know they made the EJ212-CE model in the '90s but they are scarce. It's a Super Jumbo Acoustic & the CE denotes cutaway & electronics. They came in Ebony, Natural or Sunburst.

I have an EJ212. It doesn't have the CE features. That's the way they came, either with or without cutaway and pickup/preamp.

If you are lucky enough to find one you can expect to spend more than 500-600 bucks and up.

You can find out a little about it here: http://www.epiphonewiki.com/index.php/EJ-Series

If you mean a Semi-Hollowbody electric there are others who would know more about those than me.

I would love to have a Semi-Hollowbody 12 string!

I would love to have a Semi-Hollowbody 12 string!

I own a DR212, and bought it knowing that it would get limited use, hence the less than $200 price tag.

Recently pulled the trigger on this Gretsch 12 string after getting tired of waiting for a Ric...

Gretsch12stringbody_zps34c1efed.jpg

I think that Epiphone is missing out by not selling a reasonably priced semi-hollow 12 string. I own a Ric, but I bought it back when they were going for $1000-$1200. That same guitar was recently appraised at over double that. I couldn't afford/justify spending that now. Other than Dean or Gretsch, there aren't a whole lot available in that $500-700 price range. It couldn't be that tough to convert, say, a Sheraton RI (with mini hums) to a 12 string. I bet they'd sell more of those than the RI they were based on. I'd get one, even owning a RIC 12. It's not like Gibson doesn't want the competition for one they make. As far as I know they stopped making semi-hollow 12's.

As for an acoustic/electric, I'm not sure what Epi makes any more, along that line. A 12 string Texan reissue would be cool. I like the pickup system on my 6 string Texan.

They used to make a 12 string Riviera. I have the elitist version with minis and love it. They should really bring a 12 string Riviera back...

I would love to see a picture of that. Sounds like a great guitar. What mini hums are on it?