Gibson Brands Forums

Case for lefty 1966 B-25N-3/4

Rick W

Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I recently bought the above guitar. It is the sweetest little guitar I have ever played. I feel very fortunate to have found it. They only made the B-25N 3/4 for three years, '66 thru -68. I've only seen one righty one, no other lefties. The original alligator chipboard case is in really nice condition, but I don't feel like it's very good protection. I've searched around and the 3/4 size cases I have found aren't the correct size. This guitar is really an LG-2 3/4 with a different name and the LG-2 3/4 guitars from the fourties thru the sixties are built from the same tooling as the 30s Gibson tenor guitars. SO, if I can find a 30s Gibson tenor sized hard case OR a LG-2 3/4 case, either will work.

I know Gibson did a reissue of the LG-2 3/4 as an Arlo Guthrie signature model. I've left a voice mail with Bozeman customer service and sent an email to the regular Gibson customer service department looking for one if these Guthrie cases. If anyone knows where I can find one, PLEASE let me know. I love this thing! Thanks for any and all comments. Here's a couple of pictures.

38B631B2-41D2-4D24-93EF-8EAC180F7CA2.jpg

8F8EF9EB-954A-4C03-BC4D-71D0295B01AC.jpg

Archived