Gibson Brands Forums

Rev Billy signed my baby. Fun stuff.

Bruce Buick

It's an Sg Jr. that's seen a lot of mods over the years. If you look close it still has remenents of a locking nut which didn't work out, but I left it in place as it holds the string when I'm restringing. Nothing ever worked as well as the stock Vibrola for me and that bridge rocks just enough for good whammy bar action without losing the tune.

Place? Billy? A car show in Chatsworth, California a couple of years ago. The chick? Some one night stand from 20+ years ago.

(Why we're musicians.....! =D> )

How about that echoplex too. :D/

Yeah, Billy drew all over it. Kinda cracked me up. He never talked. He just got this big *** grin on his face when I walked up and he saw the old original case. Like, he knew something cool was in there. All of the black lines you see are his doings.

I'm with you. Not overly nuts about signed guitars, although I have a brand new Epi gold hollow body signed by all of the Monkees. I didn't do it. Some girl won the guitar in a radio contest that featured the Monkees in concert, and her boyfriend had the idea of getting them to sign it.

I'm just glad RBTG signed mine in a way that I won't be hitting it and rubbbing it off. That's the first thing I thought of when I had him do it. I thought, "Damn, if he signs it where it'll come off I'm screwed. Cause I'm not stopping playing it. It's my daily. And it REALLY sounds great.

Then I thought, well maybe I can put clear tape over it. Fortunately he happened to sign it in two places where I don't swipe across. Maybe he was smart enough to know that? Don't know. Like I said, he never said boo.

As he was signind it I was telling him about my engine building business and how I first saw them in '73 in a little theater in Akron, Ohio with Point Blank.

Nothing. Just kinda nodded and smiled.

Still cool. Fun stuff.

bmf

It's an Sg Jr. that's seen a lot of mods over the years. If you look close it still has remenents of a locking nut which didn't work out' date=' but I left it in place as it holds the string when I'm restringing. Nothing ever worked as well as the stock Vibrola for me and that bridge rocks just enough for good whammy bar action without losing the tune.

Place? Billy? A car show in Chatsworth, California a couple of years ago. The chick? Some one night stand from 20+ years ago.

(Why we're musicians.....! [img']http://forum.gibson.com/public/style_emoticons/default/eusa_clap.gif[/img] )

That's gonna make you pretty old now..........

Kidding.

Murph.

• 3 months later...

Archived