Gibson Brands Forums

Great pedals of the past!

jaxson50

Hey Searcy, what's that series 2000 time delay pedal like? any good? I'm using a berringer at the moment and it's sort of ok but it could be better for what I need.

If you like analog delay it's not bad. It rounded out my collection but I rarely use it. I'm a digital delay sorta guy.

This is the only real vintage pedal on my board these days. It's the second best phaser I've

ever had - super chewy and smooth.

IMG_4727.jpg

This was the best one, btw. Unfortunately it nearly caught on fire one day and never

worked again. [crying] I miss it.

musitronics-corp-mu-tron-phasor-ii--1.jpg

This is the only real vintage pedal on my board these days. It's the second best phaser I've

ever had - super chewy and smooth.

IMG_4727.jpg

This was the best one, btw. Unfortunately it nearly caught on fire one day and never

worked again. [crying] I miss it.

musitronics-corp-mu-tron-phasor-ii--1.jpg

I've got the same Mu-Tron Phasor II, but it shot craps on me so I took it off my board and replaced it with an MXR EVH Phase 90.

Clockwise from top left: Ibanez DCF10 Stereo Chorus/Flanger, Boss OC-2 Octaver, modded Boss DS-1, Morley Sapphire Flanger, TC Electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger, MXR mains Limiter -

PedalsWeb170215_zpsjbwbm2dd.jpg

Ibanez DCF10 (also posted by Brytam) - 8-bit digital pedal, stereo flanger/chorus/slapback used by jazz/fusion guitarist Steve Khan for many years - unique, great-sounding pedal!

Boss OC-2 Octaver - not just one but 2 whole octaves down if you want, these have added deep grit and rumble to many guitar and bass tracks.

Very recognisable octave-down sound when clean, definitely NOT polyphonic and superseded by OC-3.

Boss DS-1 - when, how could this 'bees-in-a-jamjar' POS dirtbox possibly be considered a classic? When it's modded with a 3-way (Keely) mod which turns it into an extremely hot stomp.

One of Boss's biggest sellers. Who else has or had one? I'm not kidding, the mod completely transforms this pedal.

Morley Sapphire Flanger - Morley did a series of fx with a jewel in the name; the Emerald Chorus was another one in the same size box.

This is a mono and quite chorus-like flanger which sounds good, kept as it's not worth selling....or should that be worth not selling? Swirly.

TC SCF, Stereo Chorus/Flanger - now discontinued, the beautiful stereo chorus sound will make you go "ooh!" the 1st time you hear one which is why they are/were desirable....just as well, as the flanging isn't much though the stereo field is impressive on all settings.

Pitch modulation is hmm...ok but this pedal gets criticism for the fragility of the switch and controls which break easily.

MXR mains Limiter - original 2nd issue with LED and silent switch. Fine, transparent soft-knee compression/limiting but not to the extremes of today's guitar compressors. High quality.

I don't use it much but I always loved the MXR mains pedals (there were 6) and used to own 2 of the original flangers, boxed....stupidly I sold both....!

However the Dunlop/MXR re-issues of that and the Stereo Chorus are 99.99% as good whatever people say.

More pedals anyone?

Regards!

This is an odd little pedal. It's basicly two chorus pedals in one. You can set them to two different rates and depths and even send them to two differnt amps if you like. Cool little number.

78-27-091.jpg

Hello Searcy!

I have it's younger sister: the Twin-Cam Chorus.

HPIM4978_zps53ec295d.jpg

Great effect, with exciting, - sometimes weird - sounds. It used to be part of my effect chain for very long, when I used to play through two amps. It's stereo inverter is excellent!

Cheers... Bence

...PedalsWeb170215_zpsjbwbm2dd.jpg

Ibanez DCF10 (also posted by Brytam) - 8-bit digital pedal, stereo flanger/chorus/slapback used by jazz/fusion guitarist Steve Khan for many years - unique, great-sounding pedal!

Hello Jdgm!

HPIM4968_zps5cfaf3fb.jpg

It's a very versatile little box. :)

In fact, I have used up this concept in my custom pedalboard build project, and made a similiar Chorus/Flanger, but with a separate switch for ON/OFF and MODE.

Cheers... Bence

Hi Bence!

So have you kept your Ibanez pedal collection?

I like your PC10 and TC10....I had an SC10 which wasn't as good as the previous (CSL) series. Love my DCF10 though!

Regards!

Hello!

Yes, I still have them. I couldn't get a proper offer for them locally. Which is not surprising, under these economic circumstances.

Wish I could sell them - I need a new amp... but I won't waste them. They are too good to be wasted.

Cheers... Bence

Archived