Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Murph

-9 (nine below zero) For SOUTHERN Illinois Coming...

Here in western New York near the Pennsylvania border on the shores of Lake Erie I woke up to minus 13 this morning with a wind chill somewhere near minus 30. 'Tis a might bit chilly.

It made 70 in West Palm today ..... an old pal called me up to tell me how cold he's been all day there.[cursing]

So this morning up here on the shore of Lake Erie near the PA border the National Weather Service was reporting my area at 24 below! The Weather Channel had us rated at a mere 19 below. Those aren't wind chill numbers, that's the plain actual air temp.

well, the snow is coming. they are predicting 8" to 14" of snow... i'm hoping it drops good enough to have a day off from work. nothing is better for playing guitar, then a snow day. crank the heat up, full pot of coffee, open the blinds, and play... then the afternoon nap... livin' on the edge ...

well, not even 1 flake of snow has dropped, and my employer has called it for tomorrow. CLOSED.... yep, full pot of coffee, drag out the Marshall, put on some old Horror flick, and fall asleep in the recliner. calling my shot .... the Babe ain't got nuttin' on me.

well, the snow is coming. they are predicting 8" to 14" of snow... i'm hoping it drops good enough to have a day off from work. nothing is better for playing guitar, then a snow day. crank the heat up, full pot of coffee, open the blinds, and play... then the afternoon nap... livin' on the edge ...

Amen

In the low 80's for the last few days. Killed the first rattle snake of the season yesterday. My wife said, there's a snake by the air conditioner, go kill it please. At least she says please.

That means I can't put the dogs to bed by just moonlight and flip flops until next November.

Best to you guys braving the cold. A woman and her son both froze to death in Virginia by her having "a significant medical event" according to the news report. Her son couldn't get cell reception so he walked down a path to a neighbors to get help and apparently had a significant medical event and died. Doesn't take too long for hypothermia in that kind of cold.