Gibson Brands Forums

I got a great deal on an LPM !

RickGP

Hunting ebay (as I always do) came across a 2014 gibson LPM under "for parts , not working" listed AS IS , so like many people , I was wary . But I needed a gibson for my collection . I managed to snag it for 450 bucks ! And when I got it , the MinETune system wasn't working :( messed with it for about half an hour (I'm NOT an electrician) and managed to fix it with two pieces of tape ! It was just a connectivity problem , I figure someone jammed the battery in backward and spread the internal parts just enough to mess it up , pretty good deal on my part !

Hahah okay Rabs be that way , here's a shot of my winning bid :P so happy with this guitar , I tend to lean toward the vintage and off brand guitars , but this gibson plays like a dream !

Forum rules man.. if I hadn't have said it someone else would have ;) (plus we are all such guitar nerds in here we love seeing this stuff)

Cool guitar by the way, love the zebra pickups [thumbup]

**pic didn't load , here she is

[thumbup] love it.. love the colour and everything.. The ONLY thing is I think that model has a 50s neck and prefer the slimmer ones, but that's it (and that's just me :))

Also if you want to post better pics, upload them to http://www.photobucket.com and use the IMG link it gives you once uploaded (10 per post max) (its what most of us on here use and you have much more space to use).

Yeahh I do agree about the slimmer neck profile , but I'll make it work lol I have the glen burton and a custom silvertone that have slimmer neck profiles so it's nice to have a beefy neck on a few , gotta have variety haha

Hunting ebay (as I always do) came across a 2014 gibson LPM under "for parts , not working" listed AS IS , so like many people , I was wary .

I should say so! But yeah, depending on where the bid was....

messed with it for about half an hour (I'm NOT an electrician) and managed to fix it with two pieces of tape ! It was just a connectivity problem...

And that was it? Wow!

pretty good deal on my part !

Yeah, like 60% off a new price. Don't you just love a good ebay deal? B)

Hey Bob, cool gif or whatever that is. I noticed the quote in your sig. I've got that in my list of quotes, but with another author's response:

"The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us." [Paul Valery]

"Take heed." [Tony Rothman]

[smile]

Hey Bob, cool gif or whatever that is. I noticed the quote in your sig. I've got that in my list of quotes, but with another author's response:

"The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us." [Paul Valery]

"Take heed." [Tony Rothman]

[smile]

I was really bored one day, so I spent a few minutes here --- http://smileygenerator.us/smileytags/

I love the quote. I don't remember where I first saw it ... thanks for the reminder as it's time to freshen up quotes a bit :)

Archived