Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird Production

BLACKBIRD47

It used to be a special run of KoA b/s , a Rosewood b/s run and a flamed or quilted maple edition.Since last year they have introduced a flamed walnut edition.

And some times they will do a special edition standard model (top colors like wine red or ebony)

They have the True Vintage edition which sports the normal mahogany .

JC

As you might guess, production numbers will vary quite a bit by year. Are you interested in last year? the past 3? There is also a "Hummingbird Pro" model which some would argue is only half a true Hummingbird. As JCV noted, there are several models with different tone woods on the b/s other than the traditional mahogany. My point, then, is if you just got a number - say 2,000 - unless you knew what it included or didn't, it would be somewhat useless. Not knowing what you need this information for, you might need/want the #s broken down by 'model' or numbers just for the specific model you want.

I am fairly certain that only Bozeman would have the info you want, and they may view it as being proprietary. G'Luck.

I see what you are saying. I was most interested in 2005 production numbers so I contacted Gibson about it and they said there was 480 produced that year. It seemed like a low number to me so I was just curious about a guesstimate for other years. But I see what you mean about counting or not counting the guitar center models. Thanks for posting anyway!

Archived