Gibson Brands Forums

Which Picks Does Gibson Ship With

jw3571

My only pick supplied by Gibson says T, probably meaning thin, and reads 0.45mm or approx. 0.0175". Still on the shelf... :)

I knew that they shipped with a special pick. I custom ordered my AJ, and I got to thee dealer less than one hour after it came in. I asked him where the pick was, and the guy acted nervous, but said that there wasn't one.

I thought about that for 13 years, and finally I contacted Gibson and explained that I didn't get my pick. One week later, a package arrive with some really nice picks, and one tortoise one was in a bag by itself. There was also a set of strings and some other stuff. I put it all in the storage compartment. I REALLY like the way that Gibson Montana does business!

My three Gibsons all came with a brown tortoise celluloid plastic type pick, labeled "Gibson" ...I believe by feel that they were a medium gauge pick, very similar in thickness to a Fender medium gauge pick.

That's what mine came with as well.

My three Gibsons all came with a brown tortoise celluloid plastic type pick, labeled "Gibson" ...I believe by feel that they were a medium gauge pick, very similar in thickness to a Fender medium gauge pick.

Same with all the new Gibsons I have.

My two most recent Gibsons came with "Gibson Acoustic" picks. No mention of thickness or manufacturer. They are definitely not thin. One is tortoise and one is black. I find a lot of picks too bright for my ear, but I like these. They have a nice warm tone and don't create much pick noise.

Bo

Archived