Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Day

RichG

Rich, I am bummed. I can't attend. I have some music and theater stuff to deal with at the high school, plus my middles son is coming home for the weekend from Michigan.

ARGH

Yeah Sal, me too. I have a big party here to go to and without a teleporter my attendance wasn't going to work.

Just heard about it yesterday.

Rich

Wait. The tide has changed... My son is coming home Friday, but he has a gal with him... In other words they will have no use for me...

So... I might attend after all. This is not good. Not good at all. I have four acoustics: a Gretsch Boxcar resonator, a Martin D15, my SJTV, and my LG2. I love them all. I want them all. I can't be without any of them.

And yet I know that there will be deals that day, and that they have a Bird I have lusted after every time I have gone this past year. I have a rule... No more guitars / one in one out. What am I going to do.

I need help. I need advice. I need a sign.

Help.

Wait. The tide has changed... My son is coming home Friday, but he has a gal with him... In other words they will have no use for me...

So... I might attend after all. This is not good. Not good at all. I have four acoustics: a Gretsch Boxcar resonator, a Martin D15, my SJTV, and my LG2. I love them all. I want them all. I can't be without any of them.

And yet I know that there will be deals that day, and that they have a Bird I have lusted after every time I have gone this past year. I have a rule... No more guitars / one in one out. What am I going to do.

I need help. I need advice. I need a sign.

Help.

Go for it, Sal. You've had a good couple of years in the market, you work hard, and you have earned the right for a little self-indulgence.

I'm more than happy to be your enabler.......

From the Life-Is-Short dept:

ScreenShot2015-02-23at73520PM_zpsf639d1a9.png

Guy goes into a bar. 'Says "talk me out of having a drink..."

Which Hummingbird is it? Maybe if it's a good one, I should go up there & fetch it, so's you don't have to. (there, that ought to do it).

Hoping to make the trip up to Russo's for G-Day someday, preferably when it would be possible to catch up with as many forum folk as possible.

It is a Hummingbird Standard (price on tag $3,099). It is honeyburst if it is still there. Go buy it before Saturday!

I have played Bird TVs before at Russo's but I don't remember A/B ing the standard with the TV ever, because I was never "in the market". All I know now is the one they have there now - the standard - sounds flipping great. If they have a TV on Saturday then I am really screwed.

FA - Ha yes... I wish I were back in high school. Wait ... make that college. High school was awkward for most of it. (I volunteer as a parent booster at times).

Jealous man! I was supposed to go to Nashville for my 25th Anniversary a few months from now - but we just had to cancel the trip. No Artisan. No Gruhn. No vintage J50 to travel home with. Sigh.

Gibson Memphis built a guitar for me and I am picking it up. (don't tell Russo [crying] ) Mike Voltz is going to give me a personal tour and on the way back I am hitting up Nashville to see my friend Steve Krenz and of course, the Gibson custom shop :D.

Lots of driving in a short time but hey, it is worth it to me.

I went to Russo's. My Bird was still there. Today it was Gibson Day there, and everything was on sale. Birds typically run about $2700 street in the states I think? Russo's had it on sale for $2300 (3,099 list). The price was great, the guitar is great, but I couldn't bring myself to drop the coin. Maybe when my boys finish college... and until then I can search and play many, and then the one I get will really be special.

That's good info, Sal. I was wondering just how deep their discounting would be on Gibson Day. $2300 is good for a new 'Bird. Also good to hear you brought home a little something to open up some other musical possibilities with the harmonica holder. Did they have a drawing for a new Gibson? Imagine the luck of that draw- that would be a good day, but I'm sure you had fun, just the same. Next time.

Archived