Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Montana J-45 Deluxe

Lefty55

In a recent thread looking for a J-45 Rosewood without electronics, Yggdrasil had posted: "There was a run of Rosewood J45s in 94 -95 called the Deluxe - I have one, with pickup removed." Later, to clarify, he added that the guitar had come with a pickup, but it's previous owner had removed it. Hopefully, he'll check in, and may be able to answer any other questions you might have.

Anyone have any info on this model in sunset burst? It's called a Gibson Montana Limited Edition J -45 Deluxe in sunset burst. I get confused by all the varieties of J-45's.

Thanks

Lefty ,

They are making 75 lefty J 45 deluxes.

Sunset burst

Sitka Top

Mahogany b/s

Custom shop decal on back of headstock

Gold Schaller tuners

Obviously they are making right handed versions

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-montana/limited-editon-j-45-deluxe-lefty/

JC

From Musician's Friend...

FEATURES

Left-handed model

Body Style: Round shoulder J-45

Wood: Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides

Binding: Multi-ply top, single-ply back, multi-ply single-ring rosette

Finish: Vintage sunburst, nitrocellulose lacquer

Neck: Mahogany, slim-taper profile with 1.725†black nut

Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fret

Bracing: Traditional scalloped x-bracing

Fingerboard: 12†radius, rosewood with mother-of-pearl dot inlay

Scale: 24-3/4â€

Bridge: Belly-up rosewood

Pickguard: Traditional tortoise teardrop

Tuning Machines: Gold Velvet-Drive Schaller

Strings: Gibson light gauge .012 - .053

Electronics: L.R. Baggs VTC

Case: Black hardshell with plus-lined interior

Only 75 have been made...Get one before they are all gone. Order now!

In a recent thread looking for a J-45 Rosewood without electronics, Yggdrasil had posted: "There was a run of Rosewood J45s in 94 -95 called the Deluxe - I have one, with pickup removed." Later, he added that the guitar had come with a pickup, but it's previous owner had removed it. Hopefully, he'll check in, and may be able to answer any other questions you might have.

I think my "Deluxe" is not what the OP is referring to:

fc1b8e64-3272-4911-8e9a-edcbdb97ae4e_zps9806c484.jpg

Built on the legendary J-45 platform the J-45 Deluxe offers contemporary aesthetics. The fingerboard and bridge are crafted from Granadillo, a distinctive Central American hardwood known for tight grain and durability.The deluxe offers the precision of Schaller open back Vintage Copper tuners. Stand out with Gibson’s Triple burst finish and Tobacco Brown ribs and back. This highly customizedlimited J-45 Deluxe is a must see.[collapse]Brand:GibsonModel:Limited Edition J-45 Deluxe Left-HandedType:Round Shoulder Body StyleLimited Series:Limited to 25 WorldwideFinish Color:TriburstTop Wood:Solid Sitka SpruceBracing:X-BracingBack & Sides Wood:MahoganyNeck Wood:MahoganyNeck Joint:Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fretNeck Shape:Slim TaperNeck Dimensions:.810 1st - .890 9thFretboard Material:GranadilloFingerboard Inlays:MOP DotsScale Length:24-3/4"Width at Nut:1.725"Binding:Multi-ply Top, Single Ply BackRosette:Multi-ply Single RingElectronics:L.R. Baggs Element VTCTuners:Precision Schaller Vintage CopperBridge:Rosewood Belly UpPickguard:Tortoise TeardropCase:Black Hardshell Case

I think my "Deluxe" is not what the OP is referring to:

Thanks, just the same. Enjoy seeing that Deluxe, as well. It did not look like any info on the OP's guitar of interest was going to easily turn up, so a possibility was offered. Looks like Gibson has trotted out the "DeLuxe" moniker several times, going back at least 81 years with the 1934 Roy Smeck Stage DeLuxe.

Juan Carlos, nice work.

Careful; Lefty has an itchy trigger finger! Congrats. Bring that new lacquer job up to temp slowly. At least a day in the coldest room in your place, then a while in the second coldest ; ).

Question to you lefties-

Do "righties" look funny to you?

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-24%20at%205.23.05%20PM_zpswqyksqsh.png

Built on the legendary J-45 platform the J-45 Deluxe offers contemporary aesthetics. The fingerboard and bridge are crafted from Granadillo, a distinctive Central American hardwood known for tight grain and durability.The deluxe offers the precision of Schaller open back Vintage Copper tuners. Stand out with Gibson’s Triple burst finish and Tobacco Brown ribs and back. This highly customizedlimited J-45 Deluxe is a must see.[collapse]Brand:GibsonModel:Limited Edition J-45 Deluxe Left-HandedType:Round Shoulder Body StyleLimited Series:Limited to 25 WorldwideFinish Color:TriburstTop Wood:Solid Sitka SpruceBracing:X-BracingBack & Sides Wood:MahoganyNeck Wood:MahoganyNeck Joint:Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fretNeck Shape:Slim TaperNeck Dimensions:.810 1st - .890 9thFretboard Material:GranadilloFingerboard Inlays:MOP DotsScale Length:24-3/4"Width at Nut:1.725"Binding:Multi-ply Top, Single Ply BackRosette:Multi-ply Single RingElectronics:L.R. Baggs Element VTCTuners:Precision Schaller Vintage CopperBridge:Rosewood Belly UpPickguard:Tortoise TeardropCase:Black Hardshell Case

Juan-thinking about one for my wife. What's opinion on the Granadillo? I've never player a guitar with this type of fingerboard. Thanks.

Archived