Gibson Brands Forums

Is my Les Paul authentic?

dan1The24

I was given a 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional last year as a gift, and now I'm trying to get it added to my home insurance policy. I do not have the paperwork for the guitar, just the guitar and the Gibson USA case it came in. It is a Honeyburst finish, 120th anniversary. Any help would be appreciated.

post-70830-079456500 1424817772_thumb.jpg

post-70830-019024100 1424817807_thumb.jpg

post-70830-015454700 1424817868_thumb.jpg

post-70830-090123200 1424817919_thumb.jpg

Cool, I called Gibson, and they don't have the serial number on file. That was making me worry about it being fake. It's not weight relieved, and it sounds really good! I figured if it was fake, someone did a good job making it! A local shop where I live got burned wit a fake Chibson, it was beautiful, but fake nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

that is a strange serial number. you should take out one of the pickups and look at the top to see if it is solid or a laminate. if it is not solid, then it is not a Gibson. Gibson has really good record keeping, if they don't have the serial number, i would be a bit worried. it still looks like a nice fiddle, and if it plays and sounds well, that is all that really matters.

Cool, I called Gibson, and they don't have the serial number on file. That was making me worry about it being fake. It's not weight relieved, and it sounds really good! I figured if it was fake, someone did a good job making it! A local shop where I live got burned wit a fake Chibson, it was beautiful, but fake nonetheless.

i mean the font face and it is all up and down and sloppy looking, also on the bridge, the post look like they have flat screw slots in the top. but the picts are hard to see that close. it probably is fine, just the angle of the shot. I was just saying to check under the pickup so he could have piece of mind. either way it is still a nice instrument.

Most 2014 Gibson serial numbers are strange so to say.

i mean the font face and it is all up and down and sloppy looking, also on the bridge, the post look like they have flat screw slots in the top. but the picts are hard to see that close. it probably is fine, just the angle of the shot. I was just saying to check under the pickup so he could have piece of mind. either way it is still a nice instrument.

Hard to tell due to lack of resolution, but I don't see slots there. Looking into pickup cavities is a very good idea. [thumbup]

Archived