Gibson Brands Forums

2007 LP Standard Faded

Staninator

Hello! I got looking around on the website of a local-ish guitar shop that has quite the collection of odd, new condition Gibsons and they've got 2 brand new (NOS, still in original shipping boxes) 2007 LP Standard Faded (heritage cherry burst) for sale for $1889 CAD. I've been thinking of getting a LP for a while now (I'd love to get a 2104 Trad, but I'd also love to get a new amp and a Carvin this summer as well) so the idea of a satin finish (read: hopefully nice and slick neck) LP Standard with uncovered pups for less than $2000 gets me a little bit excited. Both have the 50s neck profile and look absolutely stunning (I really dig the satin finish). As this shop is not exactly local (a few hours of driving away) if I was to get one it'd be without playing it so I'm wondering if anyone can share any experiences with this guitar. I've heard great things about them from looking on other forums, but certainly a couple of my main concerns are how durable is the finish and do you think this price is good (for the Americans on here I'd be looking at about $1600 and change including sales tax and shipping).

Be sure you like the 50's neck. They are thicker than a slim 60's type.

I don't think the finish is "durable" in the respect that if you nick it, it won't show.

But I'd think its fine if you take reasonable care of the guitar.

I think the Faded finish is like my BFG, not much finish at all.

If you like chambered bodies, late 50's necks, and satin finishes, they might be for you.

No faded Les Paul here, that's why I have been a bit reluctant to post here initially, but other "faded" or "vintage gloss" Gibsons as well as satin Fenders. Compared to my glossy guitars and basses, adapting to them takes me just a few seconds. Also no complaints about finish wear from here.

Most of my guitars' necks are slimmer, down to Explorer and early 60's SG shape. However, I don't have any problems to get around with the late 50's neck of my Traditional. It also takes me just seconds, and chord fretting is more comfortable to my senses.

Good luck for your decision.

Archived