Gibson Brands Forums

Talk Me Into / Out Of Selling My.....

Murph

Fender Prosonic Custom Shop Bruce Zinky designed atomic 2;10 combo......

For you (fellow) tube amp gurus, this baby has a tube rectifier class A (30 watts)/ tube rectifier class A/B (50 watts) / S.S. rectifier class A/B (60 watts) switch also on the back.

2;6L6's with (I think) 7 pre-amp 12AX&'s. I can't see behind it right now which is why the "Fender Custom Shop Celestion 10's picture is so crappy.

I'm not gigging anymore, probably won't again and if I do I still have my Mesa Blue Angel.

So, tell me......

Is there a market?

What's it worth?

100_2405_zpsmojpiqjv.jpg

The normal channel is clean, you break it up by cranking it.

The gain channel has a cascading gain, so you have a master volume with gain 1, and gain 2.

It also has Fender legs to kick it back, you can't see in the pics.

100_2407_zpsoeygytq3.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

I'd keep it. Great amps with a good fender chime but very capable of a lovely British, breathy O/D. If it had a 220v primary in the power tranny I'd be trying to buy it.

I think these amps are much like the modern supersonic in their ability to do the F and M voices, both well.

I had two, gigged the second one for about 6 years. Sat in my studio for 10 years, and I'd use it now and again. I really didn't need it anymore, sold it in 2014, got almost as much as I paid for that one in 98. Great amps, I have fond memories of them two amps, the one got rode hard and put up wet often, always performed. Mine was a Zinky as well, his name on the board. But I changed out the speakers along the way, so it wasn't stock.

I didn't need it, so I'm glad it went and somebody is using it again.

rct

I never played one before. I can very close to buying a Super-Sonic though because I loved the range of tones it produced. Here's one of yours on sale on ebay.

Yea, I saw that one which has been hacked, and a Lizard Green one beat to crap for $695.

I kinda figured $800.00 would be a good price, mine has a Mullard Rectifier and the Fender "Custom Shop" 10's, and the tilt back legs and will clean up real nice.

If I decided to sell, that is.......

The Super Sonic is a totally different animal.

Archived