Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reynolds_wRap

captain kirk sg?

I bought one of these SG's within the first month they were being sold and at the time it was just going to be a limited run of 200 guitars. My question is, is gibson still making these and when did they decide to make more than the initial 200?

WOW

To be honest, I'm not usually a huge fan of the 3-humbucker custom look, but this one just changed my mind. The red/gold/white color scheme is really cool. Now the white customs are starting to look better to me too.. That is one sexy guitar.

Just checked the Gibson Site, and it's still listed as available. Maybe they decided to extend the "Limited Edition"

status, due to the fact that it sold so well, from the beginning? Just a guess. I don't remember it being limited

to "200 units" initially, but maybe it was? I just figured they make them for a "limited" time, rather than unit number.

But, like anything else, with Gibson, "subject to change without prior notice!" [tongue][biggrin]

CB

Yeah that is the guitar, I could have sworn I read somewhere that they were initially only going to produce a small amount. Something like 25 going to the UK and what not, maybe I am wrong, I was torn on parting with mine, but that makes it a little easier knowing there is more out there.