Gibson Brands Forums

Stupid question of the week

btoth76

Wow - all my Gibby reflectors are askew! I never noticed that before, and it's gonna bother me. Oh well - the "10"s are where they're supposed to be... msp_biggrin.gif

Now that Bence stirred this up, he will have to take the blame [scared]

:P ;)

Now that Bence stirred this up, he will have to take the blame [scared]

:P ;)

Hehe. Sorry for that!

In the advertisement of the 2016 Gibson range You will find this:

"Faithfully recreated reflector knobs, with perfectly aligned demarcations, according to 1960 Les Paul specifications".

...to justify another 26% price increase.

Just joking...no, it won't happen. :D

Cheers... Bence

I never noticed. Never thought to even check.

Next time, I problably will. Bence.s fault.

Personal opinion: if they WERE askew in the 60's when they came out, then reproductions should be, or it will bother me.

And if I can't read them anymore, I won't be able to replace them because I won't know the proper position of the lettering to have them be "correct".

Hehe. Sorry for that!

In the advertisement of the 2016 Gibson range You will find this:

"Faithfully recreated reflector knobs, with perfectly aligned demarcations, according to 1960 Les Paul specifications".

...to justify another 26% price increase.

Just joking...no, it won't happen. :D

Cheers... Bence

No offense intended - have just been joking, too. ;)

As long as the 26% price increase would be limited to the knobs, that would be OK. [rolleyes]

I checked the reflectors which came on my R0 and they all line up almost perfectly.....and yes I know this isn't my R0.

I forgot to wind the neck tone to 10 but believe me, when I do, it lines up.................................

Reflectors_zpshx2xk09i.jpg

P.

I checked the reflectors which came on my R0 and they all line up almost perfectly.....and yes I know this isn't my R0.

I forgot to wind the neck tone to 10 but believe me, when I do, it lines up.................................

Reflectors_zpshx2xk09i.jpg

P.

Enjoy them! Could be made the prototypes for creating the forthcoming specification Bence suggested above. [thumbup]

Enjoy them! Could be made the prototypes for creating the forthcoming specification Bence suggested above. [thumbup]

No; I'm sorry, cap, but following on from Mr. J. DeCola's explanation of the schism between the CS and USA LPs from now on these knobs will feature on the really expensive guitars ONLY.......

[-X

P.

No; I'm sorry, cap, but following on from Mr. J. DeCola's explanation of the schism between the CS and USA LPs from now on these knobs will feature on the really expensive guitars ONLY.......

[-X

P.

Oh, sorry for my fault. They will thoroughly select them for proper alignment I guess?

Archived