Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vacamartin

Joe Bonamassa Plays 1919 Gibson Style U Harp Guitar — Video

Not the style I've ever seen on a harp guitar before. No denying the guy has chops, just not sure this is the right instrument.

JB doesn't play harp acoustics, but listening to the standard side of this harp guitar sure brought out the difference in tone that has grown since that Gibson was made(even though it was recorded on an I pad) Those old Gibsons are something too see, but I prefer the Bozeman creations![thumbup]

He is by far one of the best "pickers" out there . . . however, the harp guitar needs someone that knows how the drone strings contribute to the instrument. Just saying. I only wish I had his chops!!

He is by far one of the best "pickers" out there . . . however, the harp guitar needs someone that knows how the drone strings contribute to the instrument. Just saying. I only wish I had his chops!!

Drone strings are bass strings.. Dyers have 6 , tune to each the desired chord. Gibsons are pretty much the same but a key is required for tuning. kind of difficult.. I own a few of those Style Us There quite nice to play if there played right .. they throw out lots of volume..