Gibson Brands Forums

Slash's EQ settings?

gibsonfreaky

Does anyone know the setting vor slash's EQ?

Or maybe the settings to get close to slash's dist , wit a fulltone full-drive2 and a guv'nor?

Anyone?

gibsonfreaky

[color=red]Thanks all the next most important things are:

With what settings can i get colse to slash's dist? My dists are: a fulltone full-drive2 and a guv'nor

And

with what EQ settings (on my Boss CS-3) can i get close to slash's sound? [/color]

Mario is a big fan of Slash and he was lucky enough to be able to contact Adam Day, Slash’s guitar tech. Here’s what Adam wrote him:

“Always happy to help a fan. Hey Mario, Sorry, I’ve got no photos of the gear at this time. However, I can give you a rough idea of how we use them. The E.Q. is basically just set as an upside down smile, meaning the mid-range is boosted, fading off at the high end. The input gain is right around 6db with the output about 0, and is used just for leads. The delay is actually a dd-3 and is basically used as a slap delay for solos. Also, a longer delay setting is used for selected parts, such as Slither.

Hope this helps.

All the best, Adam.”

Delay settings:

Normal settings (slap delay)

Level: 9.30 o’clock

Delay time: 10 o’clock

Mode: 800ms

Slither settings

Level: 11 o’clock (sometimes 12 o’clock)

Delay time: 13 o’clock

Set Me Free

Level: 11 o’clock

Delay time: 9.30 o’clock

Were talking about these two pedals:

Boss DD3

MXR

Slash uses 2 Marshall Jubilees with the following amp settings:

For the dirty tone:

Presence: 7

Bass: 7

Mid: 4.5

Treble: 7

Output Master: 6

Lead Master: 10

Input Gain: 6.5.

Clean Tone (This Jubilee is modded with KT88's):

Presence: 0

Bass: 9

Mid: 3

Treble: 5 1/2

Output Master: 10

Lead Master: 0

Input Gain: 4

....These were taken from an old issue of Marshall Law where Slash talked about his amp settings...I believe it was from '96

Slash uses 2 Marshall Jubilees with the following amp settings:

For the dirty tone:

Presence: 7

Bass: 7

Mid: 4.5

Treble: 7

Output Master: 6

Lead Master: 10

Input Gain: 6.5.

Clean Tone (This Jubilee is modded with KT88's):

Presence: 0

Bass: 9

Mid: 3

Treble: 5 1/2

Output Master: 10

Lead Master: 0

Input Gain: 4

....These were taken from an old issue of Marshall Law where Slash talked about his amp settings...I believe it was from '96

Thank you!

Who is this GOOGLE person you talk about oh mighty KSG? Sounds like a very knowledgable individual... must be very old and sport a pointy hat... perhaps a white beard?

I think most of his tone comes from boosting the mid frequencies... (as opposed to that common practice I despise: kill the mids, boost the high and low freqs.)

Just a bit of extra info you all might find interesting....I found this video earlier:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsUKtl9SgUM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsUKtl9SgUM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

....Thought that was kinda cool.

Archived