Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
L5Larry

Headed to Branson

This is pretty exciting.

I've been hired as accompanist for a Sinatra style singer's audition in the new "Music City", Branson, Missouri. A theater down there is wanting to put together a Sinatra tribute show honoring the 100th anniversary of Frank's birth.

It's the singer that is on the hot seat, not me, so it's really a no-pressure gig for me. Although,... IF... the singer gets hired, I MAY... be offered the job as Musical Director and band leader for the show (or at least that is the carrot that is being dangled in my face).

At worst, it's an all expenses paid weekend getaway in Branson for the wife and me. Look for an update next week.

1426863751[/url]' post='1641756']

This is pretty exciting.

I've been hired as accompanist for a Sinatra style singer's audition in the new "Music City", Branson, Missouri. A theater down there is wanting to put together a Sinatra tribute show honoring the 100th anniversary of Frank's birth.

It's the singer that is on the hot seat, not me, so it's really a no-pressure gig for me. Although,... IF... the singer gets hired, I MAY... be offered the job as Musical Director and band leader for the show (or at least that is the carrot that is being dangled in my face).

At worst, it's an all expenses paid weekend getaway in Branson for the wife and me. Look for an update next week.

We knew you when! Best of luck Larry

WOW!

'Pretty exciting' seems a bit of an understatement under the circumstances!

Have a great time and knock 'em dead!

P.

Very best of luck and knock em dead!

Branson is in a pretty area of the Ozarks. I'll be in the next state sending you good wishes!

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and well-wishes.

After 40 years of doing this, I like to say I never get nervous,... but sometimes I get a little "anxious" (there IS a difference, isn't there?). Well, the anxiety is starting to set in on this one. I guess I should actually practice the tunes we're doing.

Thanks again everyone!

If I remember the vids I have seen of you, you got plenty of "cool" that trumps any appearance of nerves.

AND I am guessing the gig calls for a high degree of cool.

Congratulations on the gig! Sounds like you are in either way, but I hope you and the singer knock em dead so you can pick up musical director as well. [thumbup]

What a great opportunity, Larry [thumbup]

Will you be carrying your own instrument(s) for the audition? If so, what will you be taking?

Rod