Gibson Brands Forums

Headed to Branson

L5Larry

This is pretty exciting.

I've been hired as accompanist for a Sinatra style singer's audition in the new "Music City", Branson, Missouri. A theater down there is wanting to put together a Sinatra tribute show honoring the 100th anniversary of Frank's birth.

It's the singer that is on the hot seat, not me, so it's really a no-pressure gig for me. Although,... IF... the singer gets hired, I MAY... be offered the job as Musical Director and band leader for the show (or at least that is the carrot that is being dangled in my face).

At worst, it's an all expenses paid weekend getaway in Branson for the wife and me. Look for an update next week.

1426863751[/url]' post='1641756']

This is pretty exciting.

I've been hired as accompanist for a Sinatra style singer's audition in the new "Music City", Branson, Missouri. A theater down there is wanting to put together a Sinatra tribute show honoring the 100th anniversary of Frank's birth.

It's the singer that is on the hot seat, not me, so it's really a no-pressure gig for me. Although,... IF... the singer gets hired, I MAY... be offered the job as Musical Director and band leader for the show (or at least that is the carrot that is being dangled in my face).

At worst, it's an all expenses paid weekend getaway in Branson for the wife and me. Look for an update next week.

We knew you when! Best of luck Larry

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and well-wishes.

After 40 years of doing this, I like to say I never get nervous,... but sometimes I get a little "anxious" (there IS a difference, isn't there?). Well, the anxiety is starting to set in on this one. I guess I should actually practice the tunes we're doing.

Thanks again everyone!

Archived