Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
onewilyfool

Bowing down to Albert lee…...

Just spent a few hours watching Albert Lee vids on Youtube…….WOW….he may be one of the best I've ever seen!!!…..

Yeh, he can do that james Burton thing pretty well. Got to see him live with Emmylou's Hot Band. Great set, but that was a great band: Rodney Crowell, Earl Hardin, Ronnie Tut ...

Just spent a few hours watching Albert Lee vids on Youtube…….WOW….he may be one of the best I've ever seen!!!…..

Wily One

I absolutely agree with you until you have seen Danny Gatton in action. Even Lee bows to this monster. Watch him on UTube also.

Regards,

Moose

Wily One

I absolutely agree with you until have seen Danny Gatton in action. Even Lee bows to this monster. Watch him on UTube also.

Regards,

Moose

Case in point. Danny blows em away with the first solo. Then Vince and Albert, both incredible guitarists, have their fun. Danny then steps on the gas on the last solo just to show who's the boss. The reaction of the other two guys is great.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6FIvSy5W5I

After 40+ years of striving to 'play' guitar, I admire many players. By now I realize that I will never play like any of them, and more importantly, they will never play like me! We are Even!!!

I respect a lot of players but bow down to only a few.....I guess Albert Lee falls in there.!?

Albert Lee came to do a masterclass a few years ago when I was studying music. It was in a small lecture room with only about 40 students. He was great! Seemed a really nice guy too.

Have to add Scotty Anderson, this mostly unknown guitar monster,

to the list

Moose

[/quote

+++

He's local to me

Wily One

I absolutely agree with you until you have seen Danny Gatton in action. Even Lee bows to this monster. Watch him on UTube also.

Regards,

Moose

Moose….I agree….Danny Gatton is from another planet…too bad he went away from us way too early. I'm surprised he didn't make Chet Atkins C.G.P. list…..There was no style or speed he could not play!! WOW!!! I'd never even heard of him…..lol…thanks for the heads up

Yes indeed....Albert Lee is a great and versatile guitarist.... [thumbup]

As a guest on many mega-star tours

A founding member/leader in Heads Hands and Feet

All round nice guy

Nowadays playing with Hogan's Heroes

Fabulous 'pedal steel' effects

Country, Blues, Rockabilly, Rock 'n Roll etc etc...

V

:-({|=