Gibson Brands Forums

Where to find vintage Gibson acoustic parts?

mikeselmer

So separate necks do sometimes come up for sale...cool.

I have a 1967 Hummingbird, which interestingly has a long scale neck. I am toying with the idea of getting it a short scale neck when I inevitably face a neck reset.

But then you will also need to have the bridge repositioned unless you don't mind your intonation being a long way off.

The problem with Gibsons is even in crappy shape they tend to sell for more than I am willing to pay for a parts guitar. That 1965 J-50 starring in another thread is a good case in point. About the only thing you can snag on the cheap would be something like tuners as the same ones found on Gibson were used on many other brands. I once bought an old Regal for $35 just to grab the tuners which were in realy nice shape and the same as found on Gibsons up to around 1943. Those tuners now reside on my 1942 J-50.

ReHey Mike - I look for G-necks regularly and managed to find a close to perfect ex some years ago - It is not easy !

But listen - the item you are after might be standing right here in the next room. Give a wink for further interest and we'll connect.

Haven't got time now and will look into details till I return on these pages after midnite. .

ReHey Mike - I look for G-necks regularly and managed to find a close to perfect ex some years ago - It is not easy !

But listen - the item you are after might be standing right here in the next room. Give a wink for further interest and we'll connect.

Haven't got time now and will look into details till I return on these pages after midnite. .

Cool, PM sent!

I have a lot of necks. They have frets,truss rods, inlays and even finish. Let me know what you need and maybe I can help. They have the neck blocks attached so you will need to do a little work to get them ready to install. Tuners? Got a bunch of them as well as pickguards. I have lots fretboards with and without frets and inlays.

I am opening up my storage unit and about to rid myself of a bunch of great stuff. The inventory I have was all purchased from Gibson Montana and I have receipts for everything. I even have fossilized Mammoth bone bridge pins that came from Russia. All of the stuff has been in storage for 15 years.

Anyone interested in buying the whole lot could fly out and rent a U-Haul truck to get it home. The stuff won't be cheap but I paid a bunch for it and so will you.

I have a lot of necks. They have frets,truss rods, inlays and even finish. Let me know what you need and maybe I can help. They have the neck blocks attached so you will need to do a little work to get them ready to install. Tuners? Got a bunch of them as well as pickguards. I have lots fretboards with and without frets and inlays.

I am opening up my storage unit and about to rid myself of a bunch of great stuff. The inventory I have was all purchased from Gibson Montana and I have receipts for everything. I even have fossilized Mammoth bone bridge pins that came from Russia. All of the stuff has been in storage for 15 years.

Anyone interested in buying the whole lot could fly out and rent a U-Haul truck to get it home. The stuff won't be cheap but I paid a bunch for it and so will you.

Just tried to send you a message - impossible, your box might be full.

Just tried to send you a message - impossible, your box might be full.

I checked the box and it doesn't seem to be full. It has one message in it. Try again as I got one request for a pickguard and nothing else. Guess no one wants this sort of stuff. I thought they would be great wall hangers for a man cave?

When Gibson got a freight damaged guitar back or one that had warranty issues they saved the parts. Then they figured out it was cheaper to just make a new part than use a used part for other repairs so they just put all the old parts in the wood sale. My pal bought them for me. I couldn't let them end up in a dumpster and now I'm tired of storing them.

Archived