Gibson Brands Forums

1968/1969 SG Paint

Apparently my 1969 SG Custom is getting close to being painted after a year and two months. Since I have decided not to replate all the gold hardware and leave it worn and also have found a yellowed pickguard in NOS condition, the luthier asked me what kind white paint I would like, since he can "age" it. I told him to make it believable, I don't want a brand new optic white paint job because I'm afraid it will clash with worn/ yellowed hardware. I also don't want a TV yellow finish. Has anyone been in this position before and do you have pics of paint jobs like this? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently my 1969 SG Custom is getting close to being painted after a year and two months. Since I have decided not to replate all the gold hardware and leave it worn and also have found a yellowed pickguard in NOS condition, the luthier asked me what kind white paint I would like, since he can "age" it. I told him to make it believable, I don't want a brand new optic white paint job because I'm afraid it will clash with worn/ yellowed hardware. I also don't want a TV yellow finish. Has anyone been in this position before and do you have pics of paint jobs like this? Thanks.

let these guys refinish it, check out their work... http://mjtagedfinishes.com/

Archived