Gibson Brands Forums

2015 ltd editions

JuanCarlosVejar

That site has been saying "coming soon" for months now...! Hurry up, Gibson!

Liking the J-200 Parlour, with exception of the inlays - not very attractive. And the blue SJ-200! [love]

That site has been saying "coming soon" for months now...! Hurry up, Gibson!

Liking the J-200 Parlour, with exception of the inlays - not very attractive. And the blue SJ-200! [love]

most of those are already out. if not all of them. we got most of ours a while ago. somewhere is a thread where I put all of the specs for these models and what month they would be released.

-Keith

Doesnt look like much for the small body fans...........well, zip....

At least they could pretend and paint an LG like a mini Hummingbird or something......Uh Oh, there's an idea!

Is it me, or have there been severe cutbacks at the factory?

BluesKing777.

At least they could pretend and paint an LG like a mini Hummingbird or something......Uh Oh, there's an idea!

Is it me, or have there been severe cutbacks at the factory?

BluesKing777.

You are not too crazy ...I once talked to Jeremy Fuller about custom ordering a 3/4's size Hummingbird.

JC

BluesKing777.

Yes. Maybe create an Emmy LOO.

My local store got the J-45 Ice Tea in a couple of weeks ago, still has it. Plays very nice. Selling for $2999 Canadian. A regular J45 now sells for $2400. I saw this press release just a couple of days ago, before I saw this thread. The SJ100 Special really caught my eye. Limited to 65 pieces and selling for $3400 Canadian. Think I'll have to skip it since I just purchased a J15 four weeks ago.

well guess what I go today? the next round of limited editions... available sometime in May (they say). Some one asked me to post what they will be when I find out, so here you go. enjoy......

J-45 RED SPRUCE VOS JAPAN

J-45 with an Adirondack spruce top, VOS finish, and vintage style tuners with white button

knobs.

$2832

SOUTHERN JUMBO

A Classic Gibson Southern Jumbo with Mahogany back and sides

$2832

LUTHIER'S CHOICE ADVANCED JUMBO

Powerful AJ with red spruce top, hide glued top bracing, rosewood back and sides , custom

1.77" nut width, and premium Baggs Lyric pickup system.

$3165

STAGE DELUXE ROSEWOOD

1930's style Roy Smeck (like the Jackson Browne model) , With a red spruce top, Indian

rosewood back and sides, and L.R. Baggs Lyric pickup system

$3165

J-2000 MYSTIC ROSEWOOD

Famous J-2000 Cutaway Designer Custom with abalone top trim, distinctive abalone

"autumn leaf" inlays on bridge fingerboard and headstock . A Rare limited edition run with

Mystic Rosewood back and sides.

$5998

-Keith

Thanks a lot for this info Keith!

You are the man!!

well guess what I go today? the next round of limited editions... available sometime in May (they say). Some one asked me to post what they will be when I find out, so here you go. enjoy......

J-45 RED SPRUCE VOS JAPAN

J-45 with an Adirondack spruce top, VOS finish, and vintage style tuners with white button

knobs.

$2832

SOUTHERN JUMBO

A Classic Gibson Southern Jumbo with Mahogany back and sides

$2832

LUTHIER'S CHOICE ADVANCED JUMBO

Powerful AJ with red spruce top, hide glued top bracing, rosewood back and sides , custom

1.77" nut width, and premium Baggs Lyric pickup system.

$3165

STAGE DELUXE ROSEWOOD

1930's style Roy Smeck (like the Jackson Browne model) , With a red spruce top, Indian

rosewood back and sides, and L.R. Baggs Lyric pickup system

$3165

J-2000 MYSTIC ROSEWOOD

Famous J-2000 Cutaway Designer Custom with abalone top trim, distinctive abalone

"autumn leaf" inlays on bridge fingerboard and headstock . A Rare limited edition run with

Mystic Rosewood back and sides.

$5998

-Keith

If I could ever ask for something it would be an L 200 all koa with red spruce bracing !

Of course they would have to make it available in lefty and righty .

I wish Elliot Easton would colaborate with gibson montana .he already did an SG with Gibson Custom and a Tikibird with Gibson USA

JC

You are not too crazy ...I once talked to Jeremy Fuller about custom ordering a 3/4's size Hummingbird.

JC

Isn't a 3/4 size Hummingbird just a LG-2 minus the bling?

Martin has the Dreadnaught Junior newly released….they will sell a LOT of these…I'm sure Gibson will jump on this bandwagon when they see how many Martin sells of this model:

https://www.martinguitar.com/new/item/3766-dreadnought-junior.html

Played today in my guitar shop a 'quilted mahogany' and 'Ice Tea' burst J-45, fantastic tone. Also played probably the best new J-45 standard Ive come across that can give any TV a run for its money. Amazingly deep and rich tone.

Isn't a 3/4 size Hummingbird just a LG-2 minus the bling?

Martin has the Dreadnaught Junior newly released….they will sell a LOT of these…I'm sure Gibson will jump on this bandwagon when they see how many Martin sells of this model:

https://www.martinguitar.com/new/item/3766-dreadnought-junior.html

won't happen I don't think. Martin does that by making them in Mexico. Gibson doesn't have a plant there so they wouldn't be able to hit the price point. making it a 3/4 doesn't really cut down that much on materials, and doesn't cut back any on labor. Lot's of people have asked. but basically it couldn't be any cheaper than a J15 really.

Keith

If the Martin Dreadnought Jr. is anything like the Little Martin I have, it's just another novelty item that will lose its flavor. I've asked several friends how often they reach for their Little Martin and all admitted that it never gained favor among them. It's on my list of things to sell.

Archived