Gibson Brands Forums

Happy New ZTM Day!

Blueblooded

No, not a Gibson. Not even a Fender...

With an acre to mow and having sold my lawn tractor over 15 years ago to have a lawn service cut my yard weekly while my young family required my time, I am diving back in to yard maintenance big time. Just purchased a new Toro 42" Zero Turn Mower and other tools of mass destruction to keep the yard looking great. Never drove one of these but it looks like a lot of fun! Anyone else have one? Can't wait for the grass to turn green and grow!

Toro_zpsyxaozjce.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

Last year I was given a nice Atco lawnmower by my mother who had lost her husband (my step father) and was moving. I used it all last summer. When I got it out on Monday it started up with a single pull and mowed the front and back without missing a beat. Gotta love a good mower.

When I was a kid my dad bought me a huge (26 inch cut) thirties Atco lawnmower to tinker with. I loved that thing. The clutch failed and I mowed down the rose bush. They don't make them like that any more

When I was a kid my dad bought me a huge (26 inch cut) thirties Atco lawnmower to tinker with. I loved that thing. The clutch failed and I mowed down the rose bush. They don't make them like that any more

the rose bush or the mower? LOL!

Guest Farnsbarns

the rose bush or the mower? LOL!

[biggrin] good point. The rose bush was a beast of a thing. The mower was a tank and ploughed straight through. I'll see if I can seek out a pic of a similar one.

I worked for Toro for awhile in the early 80s.

They were very well engineered and put together in those days....hope they still are!

I researched and comparison shopped and think this is the best machine that isn't a commercial unit out there. I layed on the ground and looked at the spindles, frames, the way the decks are mounted, etc. and this finally came out a winner in materials and construction hands-down. The icing on the cake is when I finally got ready to buy, I went back to the dedicated lawn and garden equipment store and found out that they had some 2014's left with the Kawasaki 21.5 HP engine left. All the 2015's use either a Kohler or Toro branded engine, and the Kawasaki is the engine all the commercial machines get. Never thought I'd be excited to cut the grass!

Archived