Gibson Brands Forums

I am an American.

Homz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guitar Slinger, I've read all abou Brazil, no offence intended, but your opinions on America don't mean much to me. You guys have had how many different constitutions? How many coups? Your country was under military control until, what, 1985? Brazil has a long, dark history my friend. None of us are ragging on your country, why do you rag on the U.S.?

I will do this for you TED. I will add a new step on the republican platform. Other then the 'G Cubed' platform otherwise known as the holy trinity of Guns' date=' Gays, and God; I now add charity for the wealthy. I mean other then the tax loop holes you already have. [/quote']

I bet Oprah uses those tax loop holes.

Guitar Slinger' date=' I've read all abou Brazil, no offence intended, but your opinions on America don't mean much to me. You guys have had how many different constitutions? How many coups? Your country was under military control until, what, 1985? Brazil has a long, dark history my friend. None of us are ragging on your country, why do you rag on the U.S.?[/quote']

What you had enough with me now your going to play the brave American and pick on some other country. That was low, even for you, KfC. If you want to tee off on me go ahead. This is a domestic issue.

The rules of warfare were not changed by us' date=' they were imposed on us. we need to adjust

Thats all I'am saying

I agree with your civil liberty argument, hell I served for it.[/quote']

i can agree with that. and even if we disagree, i still thank you for your service.

Spoonz, You do realize that we are at war against a bunch of murderers don't you? Again, you still haven'y backed up your statements with facts. Wiretapping has occured since the telephone was invented, it was used my JFK and JBJ against MLK, LBJ against the anti-war protesters, by FDR against many groups during WWII, by Truman against suspected communist groups, by Nixon against God knows who. FDR the Democrat's hero STOLE the property and liberty of the Japanese Americans during WWII (ever hear about that?). Woodrow Wilson the Democrat imprisoned newspaper reporters for writing the truth abou WWI and the Spanish Flu. Come on man, think! Read!

Spoonz' date=' You do realize that we are at war against a bunch of murderers don't you? Again, you still haven'y backed up your statements with facts. Wiretapping has occured since the telephone was invented, it was used my JFK and JBJ against MLK, LBJ against the anti-war protesters, by FDR against many groups during WWII, by Truman against suspected communist groups, by Nixon against God knows who. FDR the Democrat's hero STOLE the property and liberty of the Japanese Americans during WWII (ever hear about that?). Woodrow Wilson the Democrat imprisoned newspaper reporters for writing the truth abou WWI and the Spanish Flu. Come on man, think! Read![/quote']

So you agree it's illegal, but since other *** holes have done it that makes it ok. Is that what your saying? It's never ok. It is illegal. That why they call it illegal wire taps. Ya know. Kinda explains its self.

Spoonz, I'm not trying to piss you off, I'm trying to get you to think, use some reasoning and to tell the truth. There is a lot more going on in the world than labor union problems. When you talk badly about America, you can't expect to just throw out B.S. and get away with it. America is not perfect, it's governed by people and people aren't perfect. I wasn't trying to piss off Guitar Slinger either, but I don't have to take his criticism lying down either. Brazil has as many if not more problems as the U.S. does. The unemployment rate in Brazil is higher than the U.S.'s

I don't bash other countries and I won't sit still while other's bash mine.

Guitar Slinger' date=' I've read all abou Brazil, no offence intended, but your opinions on America don't mean much to me. You guys have had how many different constitutions? How many coups? Your country was under military control until, what, 1985? Brazil has a long, dark history my friend. None of us are ragging on your country, why do you rag on the U.S.?[/quote']

Sorry if it looks like I was raggin on your country. I won't say I wasn't. But if I was, I did not notice until now. And I'm not getting into defending myself by listing the things I like in the US, as I think that's cheap.

And it's ok that you won't consider my opinions, I wouldn't expect that anyone would. But that's a very rude thing to say to someone don't you think? Even if I'm your brainless Clinton/Obama admirer.

I won't argue about what you know or what you think you know about Brazil. But you have to agree with me that "I've read all abou Brazil" is a stupid statement - I'm NOT calling you stupid.

But I'll tell you one thing: in almost every other country we study a lot of the USA history. Much more than I suppose you guys study the history of any other country, I suppose. Everyone in the world can read the english language so we have acces on what "you guys" write. I would keep that in mind, if I were you.

But this is my last post on any US related thread. It's not worthy.

So you agree it's illegal' date=' but since other *** holes have done it that makes it ok. Is that what your saying? It's never ok. It is illegal. That why they call it illegal wire taps. Ya know. Kinda explains its self.

[/quote']

Spoonz, your wrong AGAIN. President Bush's "Wiretapping" has not been ruled unconstitutional or illegal. The courts give wide latitude to the Commander in Chief during wartime. My point was that you narrow minded libs think that President Bush was the first and only President to do some of the things he's done. It's been done since the invention of the telephone, sometimes for nefarious reasons sometimes for legal, national security reasons. Historically it has been the liberals that shred the consitution when they want to, not the conservatives. READ a history book.

Its sad how both sides can't see beyond their collective noses. As the past 8 years have rolled by the animosity for our president grew but never did i hear even one of my Democratic breathren say "but I'm praying for him he's got a tough job ahead". It went from ridiculing to down right hatred. Yet now we expect all republican/conservatives to embrace president Obama immediately and when they don't label them stupid and racist. This notion that you either agree with me or you're some lowlife scum is at its core the worst form of racism. I suspect when president Obama settles into that chair, behind that desk, in that oval office and feels the weight of an entire nation on his shoulders...well pressure creates diamonds it also pops balloons. I'll be praying all his decisions are the right ones.

Quoted KSG_Standard "Spoonz, I'm not trying to piss you off, I'm trying to get you to think, use some reasoning and to tell the truth. There is a lot more going on in the world than labor union problems. When you talk badly about America, you can't expect to just throw out B.S. and get away with it. America is not perfect, it's governed by people and people aren't perfect. I wasn't trying to piss off Guitar Slinger either, but I don't have to take his criticism lying down either. Brazil has as many if not more problems as the U.S. does. The unemployment rate in Brazil is higher than the U.S.'s

I don't bash other countries and I won't sit still while other's bash mine."

Save your breath KSG, he's in Obama land, and wouldn't notice reality if it slapped him in the face.

Sorry if it looks like I was raggin on your country. I won't say I wasn't. But if I was' date=' I did not notice until now. And I'm not getting into defending myself by listing the things I like in the US, as I think that's cheap.

And it's ok that you won't consider my opinions, I wouldn't expect that anyone would. But that's a very rude thing to say to someone don't you think? Even if I'm your brainless Clinton/Obama admirer.

I won't argue about what you know or what you think you know about Brazil. But you have to agree with me that "I've read all abou Brazil" is a stupid statement - I'm NOT calling you stupid.

But I'll tell you one thing: in almost every other country we study a lot of the USA history. Much more than I suppose you guys study the history of any other country, I suppose. Everyone in the world can read the english language so we have acces on what "you guys" write. I would keep that in mind, if I were you.

But this is my last post on any US related thread. It's not worthy.[/quote']

As I said Slinger, no offence was intended. I learn about Brazil, the same way that you learn about America. Did I get any of my facts wrong about your country?

Spoonz' date=' I'm not trying to piss you off, I'm trying to get you to think, use some reasoning and to tell the truth. There is a lot more going on in the world than labor union problems. When you talk badly about America, you can't expect to just throw out B.S. and get away with it. America is not perfect, it's governed by people and people aren't perfect. I wasn't trying to piss off Guitar Slinger either, but I don't have to take his criticism lying down either. Brazil has as many if not more problems as the U.S. does. The unemployment rate in Brazil is higher than the U.S.'s

I don't bash other countries and I won't sit still while other's bash mine.[/quote']

Once more and for the last time. It was a statement intended to celebrate the day. I made the generalized statements to show what adversities the new president would have to overcome.

- one at-a-boy for very nearly ruining my good mood.

Today I am proud to be an American. I am encouraged and enthused by the wisdom of our democratic process. We have for the first time elected an African-American as the leader of the executive branch of our government. The new president, Barack Obama, takes control of a country that hasn’t seen its position in the world so low since the great depression. The previous 8 years have seen the first terrorist attack on U.S. soil, which led to a call for multiple wars, which are still raging. We have seen the total collapse of both the stock market and the housing market. We have witnessed a near total destruction of the middle class and an assault on organized labor that is unparalleled in U.S. history.

Today America gets another chance. A chance for all Americans to regain their status. A chance to undo the wrongs of the last 8 years. A chance to reestablish the rights and privileges mandated by the Constitution and Bill of Rights. A chance to hold our heads high and say “I am an American”.

I reevaluated my origional post and the bold print is the only thing in that that could be considered arguable. Now if you want me to post a dozen or so links that will establish the legitimacy of those statements I suppose I could do that for you KfC. If you really need me to do it for you.

Once more and for the last time. It was a statement intended to celebrate the day. I made the generalized statements to show what adversities the new president would have to overcome...

I don't think so, and it seems that several other readers didn't read it that way either. IMHO, you could have made a celebratory statement without tearing down anything that other folks believe in or making such partison statements. I think that you were trying to stir the pot, and that's what you did.

I don't think so' date=' and it seems that several other readers didn't read it that way either. IMHO, you could have made a celebratory statement without tearing down anything that other folks believe in or making such partison statements. I think that you were trying to stir the pot, and that's what you did. [/quote']

I don't care what you think. I know what spirit in which it was written. Hell in his speech today Obama said virtually the same damn thing. Bush was sitting right behind him when he said it.

Spoonz, it's still riddled with lies and bullsh!t...Just one example (there are many) is your statement about the first terrorist attack on US soil, were you in a coma in 1993 when the terrorists tried to blow up the world trade center the first time? You could stay up all night long and look for facts to back up your statements and you wouldn't be able to do it. Good try, but maybe you should just give it a rest. I don't ever start this sh!t, but I will argue against your bullsh!t every time I see it.

Oh My has anyone had Sweet Carolina vodka ice tea.

A friend just dropped off a bottle. WOW

I suggest we all stop for a time-out have a beverage and then we can talk about the hoax of a moon landing

It was me I didn't care for the speech or the bumbling

Archived