Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flatbaroque

Gibson signed by JT??

I'm fairly certain it is not our friend JT. Especially on a J-200, which he happened to view as a bit "gaudy". Maybe it would trace back to James Taylor? Lord knows why his signature would be on a J-200.

or Justin Timberlake. he goes by JT these days..... or maybe it's a nobody JT and someone is just trying to mislead without technically telling a lie

-Keith

haha...Justin Timberlake! you may be right.I'll take two [biggrin]

Other possibilities are actress Jessica Tandy known for her Elizabeth Cotton like blues licks

or perhaps JRR Tolkein...(I think Hobbits lived in Maple trees). he was fond of J-200's.

..(I think Hobbits lived in Maple trees).

they lived in holes in hill sides silly. I thought everyone knew this.

I did google Justin Timberlake's signature and the curve of the J on the soundboard does look similar.Not sure why anyone would get him to sign a new J-200.I would have thought his appeal wouldn't be very strong in the general demographic buying J-200's (even though he plays one).

Whenever I see a signature on a guitar, I'm thinking, "How can I get that signature off that guitar???"

Yup, I find a signature on the top to be a total turn off. Could probably live with one on the back somewhere (back of the headstock - most tolerable), but on the top really ruins the guitar for me.

I did google Justin Timberlake's signature and the curve of the J on the soundboard does look similar.Not sure why anyone would get him to sign a new J-200.I would have thought his appeal wouldn't be very strong in the general demographic buying J-200's (even though he plays one).

Are you kidding!!!

Justin Timberlake is SO hot!!

Oh I wish I had the money to own something touched by him!!

Are you kidding!!!

Justin Timberlake is SO hot!!

Oh I wish I had the money to own something touched by him!!

hehehe....looking forward to your next cover of one of JT's ballads [biggrin]

J.T.? John Turner, James Taylor, Jethro Tull….. Whenever I see a signature on a guitar, I'm thinking, "How can I get that signature off that guitar???"

I get put in front of those two??????

To quote the Bard

It ain't me babe

Never got no truck with this reeding an rioting lark ( see what I mean.......Freudian slip)

Hey Wily you know better than that!

I get put in front of those two??????

To quote the Bard

It ain't me babe

Never got no truck with this reeding an rioting lark ( see what I mean.......Freudian slip)

Hey Wily you know better than that!

JT…I was provoking a response from you!!!…lol…..You are no slouch yourself John…..would love to play with you next time in SFO area!!!

Justin is a great singer, but signing a J-200? Maybe a Keith Urban guitar, but not MY Gibson. No way no how! Shouldn't he be signing microphones? He definitely ain't no John Mayer.