Gibson Brands Forums

Duane would you please contact Leslie and get the restoration folks squared away so that her guitar is Properly repaired. Below is a copy of a message sent to me and a few of my pals.

"Okay folks, I need help! I need to talk to the head of Gibson Restoration! Gibson made 1 12 string right handed hummingbird in 2010. I own it. It's neck was broke during our 6.0 earthquake in August. I sent it to Gibson Restoration. It came back with a great job on fixing the neck...BUT they forgot to put the serial number on the headstock. They apologized and I sent it back. It came back today. The strings are not spaced properly, and all the strings buzz, and there is a something sprayed in the finish. It sucks!!"

Lets try and make things right here

Duane would you please contact Leslie and get the restoration folks squared away so that her guitar is Properly repaired. Below is a copy of a message sent to me and a few of my pals.

"Okay folks, I need help! I need to talk to the head of Gibson Restoration! Gibson made 1 12 string right handed hummingbird in 2010. I own it. It's neck was broke during our 6.0 earthquake in August. I sent it to Gibson Restoration. It came back with a great job on fixing the neck...BUT they forgot to put the serial number on the headstock. They apologized and I sent it back. It came back today. The strings are not spaced properly, and all the strings buzz, and there is a something sprayed in the finish. It sucks!!"

Lets try and make things right here

Nice one Fred

BK gave me Jeremy's name and I Messaged it to her

Well, I sent an e-mail to Gibson with pictures attached and a wave file of the string buzz. They sent me a FedEx label, but no reply to the e-mail. I have a call in to Jeremy Morton at Gibson. I'm hoping he calls me back. I just don't understand. On the Repair Invoice (for the Serial Number) it said "Make Serial Number more noticeable... I have pictures! There was NO serial number...AND just to put the original serial number on took Months! [cursing]