Gibson Brands Forums

Martin's New Dreadnaughts…….lol

onewilyfool

Doesn't flaot my boat, but hey, Wiley, let's face it, in today's marketplace, there is felt to be an ongoing need for new product to stay relevant. Gibson, with 40-something and counting J45's, is hardly immune. Ps, and please take this as a friendly suggestion, brand bashing is all good sport, but it might not be the heathliest of mental outlooks to indulge in. Peace, Rambler

Doesn't flaot my boat, but hey, Wiley, let's face it, in today's marketplace, there is felt to be an ongoing need for new product to stay relevant. Gibson, with 40-something and counting J45's, is hardly immune. Ps, and please take this as a friendly suggestion, brand bashing is all good sport, but it might not be the heathliest of mental outlooks to indulge in. Peace, Rambler

Rambler….PLEASE…..I own 3 Martins and have great respect for the company, so I don't know where you are coming from on your post, it seems kind of personal and the tone seems threatening????….….If something walks like a Duck, quacks like a duck, I like to call it a duck. Those two guitars in my opinion, are really pathetic attempts from that great company.

I'm sorry for laughing, but really, is this the only thing they can come up with?

Let's compare them with Gibson's new Dreadnaughts….. http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Gibson-Acoustic.aspx?ModelYear=2015

Oh wait… "There are no 2015 Gibson Acoustic guitars currently available". But not to worry, they are "coming soon". [tongue]

I like Martin I still prefer Gibson but I own a 00015M and a cheap Martin that I am not exactly thrilled with any more but I would love to have the D35 as well or even the D28..I would rather see Gibson be more aggressive in introducing a few more new models rather than re-hashing the J45 so much and I do own a J45 Standard but why do we need all those variations of the 45...I agree why are we still waiting on the acoustic line for 15??? poor marketing. I did like the new Martin Dread JR I looked at the other day.

Wiley, even without looking at the author of the thread, I knew that it was going to be you starting it .. ?

Now, why is that ...? A bit of self reflection might be a suggestion.

Rambler….PLEASE…..I own 3 Martins and have great respect for the company, so I don't know where you are coming from on your post, it seems kind of personal and the tone seems threatening????….….If something walks like a Duck, quacks like a duck, I like to call it a duck. Those two guitars in my opinion, are really pathetic attempts from that great company.

Wiley, even without looking at the author of the thread, I knew that it was going to be you starting it .. ?

Now, why is that ...? A bit of self reflection might be a suggestion.

Well….thanks for the lecture on political correctness…….or would sermon be more appropriate???

So Wiley it's just about the right time for you to get crabby. You usually make it about 6 months then the troll in you starts creeping out. Remember back several months ago when you bragged about being a troll on the AGF? I can only imagine I am included in the gang of 4. Well I hope so. Just remember-- The Mods are watching...

I like what Martin has done with the "New" D-35. The wavy three piece back? An interesting variation. It looks just fine but I hope it sounds like a D-35. If it does it will be a great seller for them.

So didn't Gibson's Don Ruffato say they would release the new line in April? Better hurry up. Ha.... They will probably paint a J-45 paisley(my favorite color) and tell us it's their new guitar.

Looking at the D-35 again, it's not so much the back as the headstock that talks to me.

But most of all the dramatically toned top with the tortoise guard.

Regarding the very straight label, I think it would have to be evaporated off and put in an envelope down the case-box or elsewhere. .

The model in the link is the Martin D35E - the E is for electronics - from the description: "A black ebony fingerboard and bridge, and Fishman Aura VT electronics complete this model that commemorates an important milestone in Martin Guitar’s history".

There is a non electro model new D35.

The original early models are supposed to the bee's knees for singer songwriter types, aren't they?

BluesKing777.

I'm definitely in the minority here but I'm digging the HMS ! Normally I don't like to stray to far from traditional guitar designs but how cool is it to have a dreadnought on a dreadnought! Would I buy one no, but I still think it's kinda cool and being a 12 fret I bet it sounds amazing.

Archived