Gibson Brands Forums

Checking in after a brief absence!

Been busy as of late! I've been playing a lot of gigs and just enjoying life. Sometimes it's good to get away from all the computers and electronic devices and just live in the real world for a while! It really gives you a great perspective on yourself and inspires your musical creativity. So with that, Hey all! What's up!

You'll see a lot of new stones in this old pile of rocks. Some nice new Hummingbirds, lots of the new J-35s, and J-15s, along with occasional J-29 - and the brand new 12 fret Southern Jumbo. Please share some of your recent gig experience, and what, if anything, you are using to amplify.

Thanks guys! I've really found this really cool sound from my Gibby. I've always loved to try different gadgets, but I've run my Gibby into a Phase 90 pedal I had from the '70's. Wow!!!! Not too much effect, just enough to hear it on the strings. Cool stuff! Works well with America songs and James Taylor stuff. Been working on a few old songs by Firefall. Gigging all I can. The older my guitars get, the better they sound. I just LOVE new strings!!