Gibson Brands Forums

Wish me luck

celticbhoy

Hi All

Playing my first solo gig at a Burns Supper this Sunday in my local pub after a 12 year break. Supported by my new beautiful babe - SJ200 along with her pals my AS50D Marshall acoustic amp and Shure SM58 microphone. I think there might be a wee guy with a chanter coming along as well.

Re-stringed her tonight and she sounds ....well what can I say...................

Will let you know how it goes. Could be the beginning of a new career! Maybe......

Good luck Celticbhoy. A mate and I have an open mic on saturday at a local snooker club and there a 2 or 3 local pubs that seem to be doing them. Must be the credit crunch as I guess we're all happy to do it for no more than a couple of pints.

You have the same amp and mic as me. You are in safe hands with the Marshall and Shure. Not sure about that guitar though................it's a big old boy! =D>/

Have fun and let us know how you get on. It will all come flooding back in no time!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your messages of support. The evening was a hoot and the food was superb.

A few early nerves and bum notes but was soon back in my stride. Playing the SJ also boosted my confidence.

Had a repertoire of Scottish folk songs all prepared but only mangaged to sing one Burns song. The rest were all requests which I was fortunate enough to know.

If someone can remind me how to post video/pics on the forum I'll do it asap.

Cheers again!

CONGRATS!!!! Glad it went so well. Do it again as soon as you can! I am impressed you were able to deal with the requests so well: If I got a request, it would most likely be that old favorite "Leave Me Drink in Peace, Will You?". Having an SJ200 myself for going on 3 years now - I've found my increasing my confidence daily. I think you're playing will get even better with The King of The Flatops!. G'luck.

Archived