Gibson Brands Forums

check this out - crazy 1959 reissue

turtle

Ok but there's no such thing as "6A." It was a stretch for them to ever say AAAA when woodworking figured woods go up to AAA' date=' but 6A is just hype. Nice guitar of course, just not my cup of tea.[/quote']

exactly.

i also seriously doubt he will get the kind of money he's asking. there is simply nothing to push that guitar into that price range... no matter how much he wants to hype it.

besides, if you want that kind of money you need better pics. you need cavity shots, tenon shots, etc, etc, etc.

Hey, OK, I know I'm a wrinklie but I think that's just about the most horrid Les Paul I've seen in my life.

Nothing about it appeals to me. My main fear would be that it sounded Magnificent!

Good luck! to both seller and buyer...

These big quilt tops always seem to be over-hyped. I don't know why the sellers refer to them as '59 reissues as they did not make anything remotely close to this wood type and color in the '50s. The abalone inlays and logo just increase the nausea level. Here's a Korina one from '95 that I owned for a couple weeks.

normal_1662_p23648.jpg

Archived