Gibson Brands Forums

Lest We Forget

Marshall Paul

It's the day our nation stops to remember those who served, and died in all wars. The legend started out in the First World War off the Turkish coast at a place called Gallipoli. Servicemen of both Australian and New Zealand forces fought and died there. The acronym ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. It's a very big deal down here, in both Australia and across the Tasman with our New Zealand brothers.Especially this year because it marks the 100th year since Gallipoli.

'At the going down of the sun and in the morning...'

Ah, Aussie Veteran's Day. M.L.R. (much love and respect) to ALL who served, my hat's off to all of them, who fight/fought for our freedom. Freedom is NEVER free. I thought it was a day to celebrate some psychotropic medication (anzac)...I kid, I kid! Thank you one and all for your service...on Veteran's day I get my son to take picture of one of my Warbirds doing a fly-by past Old Glory...like this one:

10489974_10201358133314727_160601431081951466_n.jpg?oh=cec1817c9ff08e903736b0c28f113abe&oe=55DABC5D

http://youtu.be/WG48Ftsr3OI

But the band played Waltzing Matilda, as they carried us down the gangway.

But nobody cheered, they just stood and stared, then they turned all their faces away

And so now every April, I sit on me porch, and I watch the parades pass before me.

And I see my old comrades, how proudly they march, reviving old dreams of past glories

And the old men march slowly, old bones stiff and sore. They're tired old heroes from a forgotten war

And the young people ask, what are they marching for? And I ask myself the same question.

Thank you one and all for your thoughts, sentiments, and respect. Much appreciated, thank you again.

"They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,

We will remember them."

It's the day our nation stops to remember those who served, and died in all wars. The legend started out in the First World War off the Turkish coast at a place called Gallipoli. Servicemen of both Australian and New Zealand forces fought and died there. The acronym ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. It's a very big deal down here, in both Australia and across the Tasman with our New Zealand brothers.Especially this year because it marks the 100th year since Gallipoli.

'At the going down of the sun and in the morning...'

Don't forget the British Troops died there.

Ian

My apologies Ian, yes, our British brethren were right there with us, as well as Canadians, French, British India, Newfoundland and Ireland. Quite a mix really. Marches went well here back home. I trust everybody else's day went well.

My apologies Ian, yes, our British brethren were right there with us, as well as Canadians, French, British India, Newfoundland and Ireland. Quite a mix really. Marches went well here back home. I trust everybody else's day went well.

Glad everything went off smoothly after the scares of last week in Melbourne.

We had a great turnout here at the Cenotaph in London.

Even The Queen showed up.