Gibson Brands Forums

Martin Hardshell case issue

guitar_randy

Last night after work I got my Acoustic out.

I got it last XMas Eve as a gift from my wife.

Its a Martin Custom D.

Its a real nice guitar and came with a Martin hardshell case.

I store the guitar in the case whenever I am not playing it.

So last night after work I get it out,open the case, start taking the guitar out from the case and I notice on the right side upper bout of the guitar has a small little black colored goo which was kind of sticky and gummy.

I was able to carefully remove the goo from my guitar using a wet cloth.

I then looked in the guitar case where this part of the guitar would set against and the that area of the case is odd. After looking more closely I am thinking this black goo must be some type of glue used under the foam in the guitar case which oozed thru the foam and got onto the guitar. Further inspection inside the case I found a few other small areas that were similar.

I plan to contact Martin about this and see what they say but was wondering if anyone here has ever experienced this ? Anyone have a MArtin hardshell case and have this occur ? WHo actually manufactures the cases for Martin?

Man, I'm going to have to check mine, but I've got no goo on the guitar yet. I got a new GPCPA4 a couple months ago, with a nice Martin hsc. It's certainly not a light case, and there's just three latches. The Martin emblem on the side is nice, but that's about it; otherwise it's pretty mediocre. The guitar, on the other hand, is finished to perfection. It's tone is, um, elegant, but not as fat and full as my Masterbilts.

Archived