Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gibson Dev

Deckadance2 - Demo, Purchase, Help and Support Information

Is it working now?

nope, i downloaded that and bought the version on cakewalk this is what shows up when i try to enter the request for standard edition :

"An authorization response file could not be generated, if this error persists please contact Technical Support."

not sure what to do, i've uninstalled so many times and followed the cakewalk instructions but i am still getting met with that same error message.

Did you buy the Standard or the DVS edition? If I remember it correctly you had the Behringer voucher and if you have used it to bought DD then you have now the DVS edition.

oh fantastic, i didn't realize that when i clicked 'standard' on cakewalk it was going to give me the dvs version! haha i was requesting 'standard' the whole time. thanks, i'm having a lot of fun with the software, it's got all the essential functions. Does the DVS version come as a VST for Ableton? i'd like to use them simultaneously if possible.

Does the DVS version come as a VST for Ableton? i'd like to use them simultaneously if possible.

Yes, it does. If you are using Windows do the following: in the Ableton Live preferences, go to the "File Folder" tab. Ensure "Use VST Plug-In Custom Folder" is ON, and click "Browse" to choose the folder where DD is installed. After that, click "Rescan" to make sure Ableton Live has refreshed the list of installed plugins. You should see now the DD VST plugin in Live's VST plugin devices list. If you are using Mac then it should appear automatically without doing the earlier configuration step.

Yes, it does. If you are using Windows do the following: in the Ableton Live preferences, go to the "File Folder" tab. Ensure "Use VST Plug-In Custom Folder" is ON, and click "Browse" to choose the folder where DD is installed. After that, click "Rescan" to make sure Ableton Live has refreshed the list of installed plugins. You should see now the DD VST plugin in Live's VST plugin devices list. If you are using Mac then it should appear automatically without doing the earlier configuration step.

awesome got it!!

I bought Deckadance before registering a Cakewalk account, since I assumed I could just register later. What do I do now, other than trying to cancel the payment and start again?

Sorry, I don't understand the problem correctly. Did you buy DD in a different store than Cakewalk's one?

Sorry, I don't understand the problem correctly. Did you buy DD in a different store than Cakewalk's one?

I bought it through Cakewalk, before registering an account, then registered an account, and now Decka won't activate.

The same email I used to register the account. So it should be showing up, but there's just something wrong with the activation?

This is what I'm getting:

An authorization response file could not be generated, if this error persists please contact Technical Support.

What edition did you buy (Standard or DVS)? If you bought the Standard edition then make sure that you generate the activation request file (preferences->registration) using the "For Standard Edition" button. If you bought the DVS edition then generate the activation request file using the "For DVS Edition". Let me know if you continue having problems.

I bought Standard, and made a Standard activation file. Need any order info?

Yes, I will need your email (send me a private message) and probably the activation request file. With this info I will be able to contact with the store staff to fix it. Apologies for the problem.

Guest DJMusicStudio

Is there an option to upgrade your Deckadance 2 Standard Edition to the DVS Edition? I can't seem to find one anywhere on the store.

Is there an option to upgrade your Deckadance 2 Standard Edition to the DVS Edition? I can't seem to find one anywhere on the store.

Not yet. I have asked to add it to the store, so that, I'll let you know when I have more info about it.

Guest Jordan

Greetings all,

I had successfully downloaded and ran The latest Deckadance LE using the Behringer voucher until recently the program would not open. "Deckadance has stopped working". Ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling and as soon as I open the newly installed demo, the same message appears... This is very frustrating as I've tried this several times and still to no avail. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how do I fix this so I can get back to my fire beats.

-J

I had successfully downloaded and ran The latest Deckadance LE using the Behringer voucher until recently the program would not open. "Deckadance has stopped working". Ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling and as soon as I open the newly installed demo, the same message appears... This is very frustrating as I've tried this several times and still to no avail. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how do I fix this so I can get back to my fire beats.

Are you using Windows or Mac? If you are using Windows try to delete the file "Deckadance20.settings" before running DD, it's placed in the folder: "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Stanton\Deckadance\"

Guest Rüdiger Pohl

I try to register my license that comes on a voucher with my ICON iDJ controller. In the meantime I found the link to the new 2.51 version and generated the crq file with that. But also got the message "An authorization response file could not be generated, if this error persists please contact Technical Support."

Unfortunately I also did not discover the iDJ controller in the MIDI setup (in 2.4x it was there, but I was not able to regiszer that version)

What to do now?

Guest Sam

Hi!

When will keyboard shortcuts be updated to fit the v2 features? Why not offer to map kb shortcuts like midi?

Also what about the midi-thu function? DD by image-line supported VSTi while this one doesn't.

I'm still using v1.9: this half-assed upgrade ruins the unique laptop-dj experience DD used to offer.

Sam

Guest Dennis

Im trying to install Deckadance 2 Standard and I cant get past step 2. What App do I open the response with?