Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Farnsbarns

last night I met another forumite

Guest Farnsbarns

Last night I met a stranger off the internet in a soundproof room with locks. (This is clearly dangerous, don't do it).

We had rented a practice room at a local studio. Well, local to me, Tman travelled a few thousand miles from California.

His brother sat down at the drum kit and did a bloody good job of pretending he could play the drums. Seriously, I was amazed when he said he didn't play and was just messing. Natural talent!

We jammed for a few hours and had a fantastic amount of fun. Tman can really play, especially given that he was on my Epi Sheraton which he'd never so mush as seen before and which I last played about 3 years ago.

Then we went and had some delicious tapas and a bottle of wine. Then to a bar which involved some very strong Belgian beer. After a few of those we went to a local pub which has always been the centre of the rock universe in that part of south London and a couple more ales (hobgoblin for those who like their brown beer, on tap) then someone suggested a whiskey so we moved on to some nice aged single malts. Ouch, I hurt.

Such a good evening and such a connection of minds. I feel I have made two very good friends.

Tman, I take the invitation to so-cal quite literally. I hope you meant it coz, well, the British are coming, again! [scared] \:D/ [lol]

It was a brilliant time! Farns was a fantastic host and even better guitar player. For me playing classics with a phenomenal guitar player, in London, was amazing! Highly recommended!

Farns was wailing on the harmonica whilst (I'm learning real English) we played some 12 bar blues! The Sheraton is great! I'll post a video later.

a91a49c8-3a89-4df9-8c06-12be844000d2_zpsvu38fwgi.jpg

And yes, a place awaits in California

Sounds like a great time!

....whilst (I'm learning real English)....

They talk funny over there, don't they? [lol]

Guest Farnsbarns

Oh, and thanks for the T shirts! I'll pass them on to the others.

London is brilliant, especially for a Beatles devotee. Like me.

I'm the one in Lennon's spot. Looks like George was out having a spot of tea.

36f06a9f-4739-4330-97aa-c25bd497b8fd_zpsrqsstlhj.jpg

6097304a-91ae-4fbb-8c23-4c0861d2fc09_zpstazykpeb.jpg

Nice one guys...

If id have known you were meeting id have been up for that and you could have been the first American to play a RabsWood guitar :)

Ohh well..

It will have to wait for my US tour I guess [rolleyes] (yeah right :))

And I hope you didn't annoy the traffic too much :P

Nice one guys...

If id have known you were meeting id have been up for that and you could have been the first American to play a RabsWood guitar :)

Ohh well..

It will have to wait for my US tour I guess [rolleyes] (yeah right :))

And I hope you didn't annoy the traffic too much :P

Only a couple of horns blew when I crossed.

You would be welcomed in California when you do your tour! Bring the Rabswood for sure. [thumbup]

Great story! Very glad you had a good time over here!

Did you go to Ronnie Scott's?

Great story! Very glad you had a good time over here!

Did you go to Ronnie Scott's?

We did for a short time. Ended up not staying because I'm not a huge jazz fan, I want to sing mindless stuff I guess.Jeff Beck, certainly not mindless would have kept me there all night. I think my intelligence is inversely proportional to the complication factor of jazz music?

Soho is fabulous. Went to another bar called nuthin but the blues.Outstanding.

I've been trying to think what to write in this thread as an appropriate response (under the circ's) for the last few days and still can't get it right.

I really regret having missed-out meeting up (twice) and for not being able to help-out Tman with the requested guit as I'd hoped I might be able to do even if it was just a quick drop-off. Couldn't manage it. Bugger!

Great (in that rubbing-salt-into-the-wound way) to hear the jam evening was such fun (you heartless bounders!) both during and after the noise-making.

Bum.

P.

London is brilliant, especially for a Beatles devotee. Like me.

I'm the one in Lennon's spot. Looks like George was out having a spot of tea.

36f06a9f-4739-4330-97aa-c25bd497b8fd_zpsrqsstlhj.jpg

6097304a-91ae-4fbb-8c23-4c0861d2fc09_zpstazykpeb.jpg

PRICELESS!!!!! Color me jealous. Just wow! :)

That sheraton suits you, Tman. You make it sound good too.

Great neck on that guitar, felt like my favorite a slim 60's tapered then again, you're R8's neck was really perfect as was the rest of the guitar. I'm a believer that playing next to a great guitarist, as yourself, makes one sound better [thumbup].

I've been trying to think what to write in this thread as an appropriate response (under the circ's) for the last few days and still can't get it right.

I really regret having missed-out meeting up (twice) and for not being able to help-out Tman with the requested guit as I'd hoped I might be able to do even if it was just a quick drop-off. Couldn't manage it. Bugger!

Great (in that rubbing-salt-into-the-wound way) to hear the jam evening was such fun (you heartless bounders!) both during and after the noise-making.

Bum.

P.

Pippy, I too have been thinking about how to respond in a way that would maximize guilt! Just joshing, it would have been great. I'm an optimist and think that hopefully next year there will be another chance and now that I have visited London, I want to come back badly. The jam was a 3 hour blast and pub crawl was outstanding although I'm afraid a few people didn't understand my yankee accent. Didn't matter, the language of music and lager was understood by all.

My brother is going to see the Who and AC/DC soon.

Talk about jealous for this dinosaur rocker.