Gibson Brands Forums

do we have any thrashaholics here?

ninety1vee

I firgured you were when I saw your signature with the D.R.I. logo.

I have a lot of that stuff on vinyl. Exodus, Kreator, Storm Troopers of Death, Destruction, Sodom......Tankard? I have not heard that name invoked in 20 years...cool.

and also a lot of early Black Metal like HellHammer, Celtic Frost, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond as a solo, Venom, etc.

Man I must have been locked up for a while. The only name that I Knew was megadeath. I was into Alice Cooper, Black Sabath, Judes Priest, Pink Floyd, Blood Rock, Black Oak Arkansas, Uriah Heap, Deep Purple And so on. I'm going to have to look these bands up to see what I missed.

I used to be really into hardcore (I'll use a broader category). Back in the day, I saw Slayer on the Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood tours, Stormtroopers of Death, Overkill, Black Flag (love Black Flag!), Nuclear Assault, Anthrax, Megadeth, Pantera (Cowboys From Hell tour), Biohazard, Corrosion of Conformity and tons of others. I still listen to that stuff now and then when I'm in the mood for it, but I like a lot of other music now, which is a good thing because I don't get as many speeding tickets anymore.

Archived