Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - My first Gibson!

T_Epps

On Sunday I went into the local GC to buy a Yamaha LS16. I had played them, done research, and basically knew this was the exact guitar that I wanted! You might be asking why Guitar Center, well it is the only place close by that has the Yamahas in stock. Long story short, they had a setup at the front of the store with numerous acoustics including a J-15. The walnut back and sides were so beautiful that it immediately caught my eye and I knew that I had to see how it sounded. WOW! Such great midrange that sounded good strummed or played fingerstyle. Luckily the wife was already with me and gave me the approval since they had it marked down $250 from the normal street price. Absolutely love this guitar!

IMG_1372_zpszhpaeb3q.jpg

IMG_1373_zpswxz1wcxr.jpg

IMG_1368_zpsv0ziolum.jpg

IMG_1369_zps82k13ked.jpg

IMG_1374_zpsv8jfdugq.jpg

I've played about four of five of this model and they were all very well built great sounding guitars but I think yours is better looking than the ones I've played. Congratulations and enjoy it!

Very nicely done!

Beautiful guitar and a nice abalone rosette.

I'd say "Welcome to the Forum!" except you posted pictures so it leads me to believe you've probably been lurking around here for a while and knew what we liked.

Welcome to the Forum anyway! Enjoy your Gibby.

FMA

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to the "My 1st Gibson" owners!!! There's nothing quite like the first one. It tells yourself & everyone around you that HEY - I'm serious about my playing. I've invested a lot of money here and I mean business! Enjoy!!!! [thumbup]

P.S. This may be your 1st - but it won't be your last Gibson. Trust me [smile]

Archived