Gibson Brands Forums

Shipments Of DF

Spindrift

Hi!

I crate thi stopic for those who are awaiting their DF all over the world, so that we can exchange information. Indeed each of us with information collected on the web or near our ressellers,might be interesting.

Thanks a lot and sorry to disturb the forums for those who have their DF

Best regards

Spindrift

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spindrift please don't feel apologetic at all. This forum is for all of us. Actually I feel apologetic complaining about the finish of my DF while many like you are still waiting out there to receive theirs. Good luck to you and all others. Trust me, the wait is well worth it. You will be happy with the outcome.

Thank you k_kirk!!

I Will be patient, especially since some dealers announced more delays in months. I 'am convinced that she's awesome!!!

OK Dexy Boy.

My dealers who is in UK do not really know. It would normally arrive by the end ofJanuary but they have completely removed the approximate tie of their site :)

Last week I spoke with my dealer. They told me, the estimated date is Feb. 10th, but they are not 100% shure. Ulhuru already got his DF in Switzerland. Maybe his dealer got her per air mail. If she came per sea freight then it is very likely, that our DF's were in the same container and are at the customs now.

It's a kind of looking in a crystal ball with lots of clouds in it by now.

Just had an email form Thomann here in Germany stating that my DF will now arrive in 3 weeks. I guess this will be the same for the most of Europe.

At least you got a reply from them! i keep asking the same question about delivery and.... eusa_whistle.gif

I placed the order beginning of Jan. The availability of the product at that time read "2-5 days", but a few days after my order it changed to "item not yet available"... (where is my oculist???)

I have also posted in the thread concerning RIP delivery delays (i realise now that this is the "correct thread") and i am curious whether the package will contain the RIP unit... Maybe you know something on this issue??

OK, i m not just complaining here, everyone (including myself) should realise that this is a new technology and us people who follow and embrace Gibsons move towards this way, logically anticipate some issues / delays...

Let's see what kind of support we will have in Europe, if (i HOPE not) the package will not meet the expectations....

I don't think the RIP is included. In another thread is written, Gibson will start delivering the RIP either 21st or 23rd of January, i'm not totally shure which of these two days was mentioned.

If you add a minimum of 6 weeks for shipping to Europe, passing the customs and reaching the dealer, it would be in the middle of march until we get our DF. So if the estimated delivery date from Thomann and my dealer is correct, the RIP can't be attached.

On the other side it might be, that Gibson is never intending to ship the RIP together with the DF, because in this way you have to register your guitar and Gibson knows where all of them are.

However, i hope Gibson will deliver the RIP by air mail.

I know that seems like a looooong time, but the next 7 weeks will pass very quickly. You'll have your DF soon and it would be nice if it showed up sooner for you. Sometimes the dealers provide dates that are the worst case timeframe and hopefully the DF's will start hitting overseas sooner than expected.......especially if there's a strong demand for it and Gibson can manufacture the DF's in sufficient quantities. =P~

I ordered my DF on december '08 @ new Gibson Boutique in Rome, Italy.

For what I know, nobody in Italy received his DF and it was a fortune, considered the problems of this first stock.

So, we are waiting the new release of the DF, that seems will be released in USA on the end of Jenuary and will be on Europe's shops at the end of february.

ReValt

If what Welshman says, that the guitars are held in Gibson Europe, means also that all the problems identified during this period have not been corrected in these models then I HOPE HE IS NOT TRUE!

I mean i prefer to wait even longer so that these models are returned from Gibson Europe to Gibson USA for repairs (that's is if Europe branch does not undertake the fixes), than to receive in delay a guitar with issues that i have learnt in here, and having to deal with Customer Service communication, send/receive tasks by myself

I also live in Italy, and also ordered the DF in mid-December through a "super-dealer".

They told me that the first guitar will we shipped in this week.

Also, they told me that I'm the fifth in the list, so I could receive it soon. I'm very skeptical about it: guessing that only 1-2 guitar will be here during a week, it takes about 15 working days to arrive in my hands...

bought mine on the 9th of December in a London shop

I was so excited in the beginning...until January...

now I don't feel like I bought one any more

it will come one day, probably

I'll open the lid of the case, certainly

then the sight of it will restore my initial excitement, hopefuly !

If what Welshman says' date=' that the guitars are held in Gibson Europe, means also that all the problems identified during this period have not been corrected in these models then I HOPE HE IS NOT TRUE!

I mean i prefer to wait even longer so that these models are returned from Gibson Europe to Gibson USA for repairs (that's is if Europe branch does not undertake the fixes), than to receive in delay a guitar with issues that i have learnt in here, and having to deal with Customer Service communication, send/receive tasks by myself [/quote']

let's hope it's only software and the european branch can handle the repairs!

Hi adamH

Today i had informations from my seller coda music. He said he was at the Namm and that he could try the DF. The problem is RIP. It blocks the delivery of DF. I think Gibson wants to deliver the complete DF. And if someone from gibson staff read this thread a bit of informations would be welcome. My dealer believe that deliveries should take place before march. but once again it is a simple assumption.

HOPE...

Thanks Spindrift. I'd rather wait a couple of months and be sent the whole package, with no faults then have to send back to the US to have fauts repaired.

Lets just hope that Gibson will fix it quickly and get the DF and RIP over to the UK and the rest of Europe quickly!

Archived