Gibson Brands Forums

Musikmesse 2015

JuanCarlosVejar

Nice to see some new stuff coming out. I wonder if the Hummingbird "Vintage" withe the thermally cured top, is in production yet. Would be fun to trip across one of those.

Plus 1 - and the other 2 as well.

I spoke to a shop-guy the other day who said that Martin and Taylor have been doin' the trick for a while (which many here probably know).

Even asked him to phone if a baked top should appear. He couldn't really respond and it seemed they are not in sight yet.

The old question is of course : How will a torrefied piece of spruce develop over time, , , 5-10-15 years on. . .

Plus 1 - and the other 2 as well.

I spoke to a shop-guy the other day who said that Martin and Taylor have been doin' the trick for a while (which many here probably know).

Even asked him to phone if a baked top should appear. He couldn't really respond and it seemed they are not in sight yet.

The old question is of course : How will a torrefied piece of spruce develop over time, , , 5-10-15 years on. . .

Would it work if I put my J45 in a low oven for a while?[confused]

Would it work if I put my J45 in a low oven for a while?[confused]

All needed is between 3 and 30 years right-hand-heat and you will be there.

Btw went in and played my 2012's after writing the lines above and frankly cannot imagine better soundings contemporary Birds.

Heavenly saint on velvet clouds, they are freakin' good - especially the not so loud answers the drippin' dream of the H-voice like, , , , a dream.

In short I'm NOT after the thermally cured, but curious like a kid monkey indeed. . .

FWIW: Played a Bourgeois baked top 00 recently in Toronto at the 12th Fret last week. Was not impressed. Just way too crispy.

It was all shimmer and rush and very in your face.

Not my cup o' tea.

Archived