Gibson Brands Forums

Is the Epiphone Tom delonge es-333 any good?

I was thinking of buying the Epiphone Tom delonge es-333, because i like blink-182, Tom delonge and punk music. But is it worth the money and is it a good guitar?

Well, if you don't already know the ES-333 is basically a ES 335 (Dot) but with a Gibson humbucker. There is some rumors that Epiphone has slipped off the hill more since they moved production from Korea to China in like 2010 or something. But now all Epiphones if I remember right now have grover locking tuners so that ought to improve the tuning a bit. Try one in a guitar store, will ya?

I was thinking of buying the Epiphone Tom delonge es-333, because i like blink-182, Tom delonge and punk music. But is it worth the money and is it a good guitar?

First off, welcome to the forum, Saverockandroll. I don't have personal playing experience of the Tom Delonge ES333 but I do have a very good playing and sounding Epi ES339 Pro. It definitely is a good guitar that I've gigged with. IMHO virtually all new guitars should have a full setup done, even my American Std. Strat included (and it ain't a cheap axe).

The very best way to determine if the Delonge ES333 is suitable is to play a few. You'll need to feel if it's a comfortable fit, has the sound you like, has tuning stability and good fit and finish.

My 339 required a setup (fret level and dress, neck relief, nut file and tighten tuner bushings) free of charge on a new Epiphone from L&M. Once done, the guitar plays as well as many high end guitars I've owned over the last 45 years. It IS the best playing Epiphone I've ever played, out of quite a few over the years. [thumbup]

Well, if you don't already know the ES-333 is basically a ES 335 (Dot) but with a Gibson humbucker. There is some rumors that Epiphone has slipped off the hill more since they moved production from Korea to China in like 2010 or something. But now all Epiphones if I remember right now have grover locking tuners so that ought to improve the tuning a bit. Try one in a guitar store, will ya?

Epiphone has had models produced in China well before 2010 (the majority at the 2 factories owned by Gibson). Some are still made in Korea. I wouldn't worry about country of origin and judge the guitar on a case by case basis. only the 60's tribute LP has locking Grovers.

I have no idea who he is and wouldn't be able to name a song by his band, but I have always reckoned they look good those Tom DL Epis!

Buy it - if you don't like it I think it would be easy enough to on-sell. [thumbup]

Archived