Gibson Brands Forums

Blackberry Smoke rig rundown

'Scales

Love these guys! They have great live tone.

I have been to a lot of concerts in my life, and the absolute biggest, heaviest song I ever experienced was when BBS played When the Levee Breaks in a club in Chattanooga. Charlie used his Tele and a slide and it was massive.

Love these guys! They have great live tone.

I have been to a lot of concerts in my life, and the absolute biggest, heaviest song I ever experienced was when BBS played When the Levee Breaks in a club in Chattanooga. Charlie used his Tele and a slide and it was massive.

+ 100 !

I've recently seen this video...I think it was while searching for something else, which is how I run into a lot of cool vids / info.!

Saw these guys when they opened for the Outlaws a few years ago. Dare I say it- they "outshone" the Outlaws, in that configuration, that night!

I did not see them do "Levee" but man! I'll bet that would be terrific! There is a 90 minute video on YouTube- Blackberry Smoke Live in N.C. Between some of the live songs there are mini interviews of each of the band members. Mostly Charlie, though...LOL he is DEFINATELY the front man!

Love the band, their tone and their songs. Also Chartlie plays a Gibson LP Junior...and since I recently got one, I was interested to see how he used it and how it fit.

Brian

Archived