Gibson Brands Forums

My new 335

axeman3d

Hi i have just traded my relic strat for this 335 which i thought was lovely and plays great

what do you guys think i also got £200 cash my way.

the label inside reads ESDT as the model is that correct its also a light green colour. i thought they were orange?

es335_002.jpg

es335_012.jpg

Very nice!

I love Strats as well, but I'm all for trading in relics if it gets you something as nice as your 335. Good job. That curly maple is killer.

The label was white in the 50's then orange for a while until '69, and went to white or off white. Gibson has been putting orange labels into their reissues lately.

What year is yours?

"ESTD" is Electro-Spanish, Thinline, Double pickups. They are all thinline and all have double pickups; so the TD is left off sometimes.

"ES335DOT" indicated the Dot neck, I think.

I'm not familiar with ESDT, but it may be the same as "DOT". Gibson has made a lot of versions. Somebody here knows, I'm sure.

Thanks Guys

its a 2003 and has no wear at all. i think new for a figured maple is around £1899 over here i picked up my heavy relic HSS strat for £1100 on a deal with a guy, did ok on it, the only reason i was up for a trade was that my strat was HSS i just could not fall for it did not look right.. but it played good. i just love the tone from a 335 its something else and sits nice with my R0.

cheers

=D>/

ESDT =

ES = Electric Spanish (as previously related by others)

D= Dot (position markers, rather than block markers)

T= Figured Top (don't ask me to explain how they arrived at this nomenclature), vs. "P" signifying Plain Top in that letter position.

Thus you have a "AA" Figured Top 335...

Quite a nice instrument.

Archived