Gibson Brands Forums

How'd you start your Rock and Roll Band?

Wannabe Guitar Hero

My first band in high school was a hardcore band (think like Snapcase style) with guys who went to a different school that I used to secretly get high with. They were a little too into getting high though.

The next two were more rock oriented and I shared vocal duty either a guitarist or bass player. Last high school band was with friends and it bombed due to most of their non seriousness and lack of being able to keep up with me and the drummer. How odd is that, a drummer who actually likes to play and had the stamina to want to play for 5-6 hours tongue.gif

Next one I ended myself.

After that I was off and on in a band that would eventually see Damien joining. That one had quite a bit of label interest, we toured and than disbanded due to us all hating the other guitarist, haha.

Next one is the one I have now which I was thankfully able to get Damien to join because to me, it's important to be able to have a great get along level and comfortability with the person you're sharing a stage with as well as have a respect for them as a player.

Archived