IMG_1002_zpswza3q9i7.jpg

IMG_0999_zpsvgq5du05.jpg

Gary Clark Jr opened :

IMG_1024_zpso0itvpdj.jpg

IMG_1203_zpslwg3zzqz.jpg

IMG_1204_zpsvbkev0gd.jpg

Keith's Les Paul Jr :

IMG_1155_zpsjugitlvu.jpg

We were lucky enough to purchase #616 of 650 of these limited posters for the San Diego show:

11111798_10153438742793287_2810916587535119022_n_zpsauxju2h1.jpg

Everyone who saw the poster loved it !!! and come night fall a bunch of older couples and one young couple asked us if they could borrow the foam lips to take pictures with it . Also people smoked weed too !

JC

Great posts.... [thumbup]

The gentle 'art of entertainment'.... [biggrin]

The Stones have worked hard to sustain their career

And refined every aspect of their shows to ensure their audience achieves 'Satisfaction'

Enjoying playing a strong set together is the key to success...

V

:-({|=

I have seen the Stones with Jones, Taylor and Wood. Best tour ever remains 1972. The only guitar on that stage I ever looked for though was Keef's Miccawber.

Was Mick Taylor there as I gather he is again joining them on stage during the tour.

The Stones have worked hard to sustain their career

And refined every aspect of their shows to ensure their audience achieves 'Satisfaction'

Enjoying playing a strong set together is the key to success...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Eminent report - looks as if you had a terrific nite.

The set-list is exciting - bet Midnight Rambler was a gas - and the stage setting is well chosen. Imagine the art noveau leaf-frames light up in myriads of rotating colors.

This (plus other readings here and there) makes me wanna go next time they come around. Be glad you had this experience, , , and got the poster.

First time you see them, JCV ?

First time you see them, JCV ?

Just remember, JCV wasn't born until 20+ years after "Satisfaction" was released.

It all makes me feel a bit old......

(But it beats the alternative.)

Just remember, JCV wasn't born until 20+ years after "Satisfaction" was released.

It all makes me feel a bit old......

(But it beats the alternative.)

Old - Young - In between - regarding the band it is as if it doesn't matter no more.

Time Is On Everybody's Side in the Stones-realm now and we meet on that wave-length over the Watts'-snare-drum-pulse, , , , may it last long.

Old - Young - In between - regarding the band it is as if it doesn't matter no more.

Time Is On Everybody's Side in the Stones-realm now and we meet on that wave-length over the Watts'-snare-drum-pulse, , , , may it last long.

Don't know. If you have never heard Mick Taylor cut loose on "Sway" or "Loving Cup" you will never know what you missed.

If you want a real treat pick up some of the recordings Taylor made with Carla Olson (former singer with The Textones). They do a 12 minute studio version of "Winter" and have a live LP which includes versions of "Silver Train" and "Sway."

What I thought was cool and wish they would do again was on the Licks tour where they would feature songs from a different LP at each show. I was very lucky as the night I saw them the LP they were featuring was "Exile."

Some great photos, thanks for posting.

Ronnies L5 is the newer one I think that Gibson Custom Shop have released as a signature model.

True.I forgot to state it was a reissue inspired by the one he had in the 70's .He played a load of gibsons that night ...It's strange as he usually is a 50's fender kind of guy

JC

Don't know. If you have never heard Mick Taylor cut loose on "Sway" or "Loving Cup" you will never know what you missed.

Zomb - I got my first Rolling Stones 7 inch in 1965 - by mistake.

Was 6 years old and primarily a Beatles collector, but showed mercy and placed that Time Is On My Side/Congratulations in the last plastic pocket of the single-album.

Yes, Taylor was/is a splendid guitarist and of course is a part of the talked about limitless Stones realm rolling now.

Be glad you saw them when you did. Approx the same time you attended the Bob'n'Band show as I recall it. Ergo be double glad. .

Great shots, JCV! Thanks.

Crowd behaviour has probably changed more than the Stones show....

Fuzzy memory of going to see the crowd outside on the first night of sleepy little Adelaide's show and the crowd splitting the whole place open like a melon! I went with friends with a car to see the event from the outside - approx 150,000 others did the same thing and when someone pushed, everybody pushed and the fences were down and sconehead here was standing next to a PA system with Stones blasting...no idea what song now. HA! (Though some people got donged on the head by Bob Jones karate security and their iron bars!)

Had to look it up on Wiki:

Quote Wiki: "Australian fears may have been a little validated when the 21 February show at Adelaide's Memorial Drive Park found 5,000 Stones fans clashing with the local police, and 21 arrests were made......"

Full Wiki story here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rolling_Stones_Pacific_Tour_1973

BluesKing777. never recovered......

What were the ticket$ goin' for?

Looks like you got very close to the stage, at least floor seats. As long as there were no people standing in front obstructing the view.

My friend wants to go when they come close, but i told him i'm not payin' big bucks for nose bleed seats!

Zomb - I got my first Rolling Stones 7 inch in 1965 - by mistake.

Was 6 years old and primarily a Beatles collector, but showed mercy and placed that Time Is On My Side/Congratulations in the last plastic pocket of the single-album.

Yes, Taylor was/is a splendid guitarist and of course is a part of the talked about limitless Stones realm rolling now.

Be glad you saw them when you did. Approx the same time you attended the Bob'n'Band show as I recall it. Ergo be double glad. .

Not sure I ever knew a 1st grader who collected records.

Dylan had the Hawks with him for the electric set the first time I saw him. I recall being disappointed as I was hoping to see Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper on the stage

I need a direct feed into your life, JCV! Those are great pics and seats. Thanks for sharing them.

As per record collecting, you're never too young to start. Granted, I was collecting Sesame Street records when I was 3-4. But by 6-9, I was listening pretty intensely to my dad's Hank Williams, Eddy Arnold, Chet Atkins and Roy Acuff records. So much so that my dad bought me my own copies to destroy. I mean, play. It fueled my interest in learning to play guitar.

I'm still better at playing records than I am at playing guitar.

Archived