Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rct

Wait...what?

It is truly amazing when someone famous dies, how many 'wives', and 'children' suddenly come out of the woodwork...friggin' leeches is what 80% of them wind up to be...

Could be that, sure. Also could be that BB went around dipping it wherever and whenever he could with whomever he could, that would not be an old story at all. Nor would it be an old story that he surrounded himself with scumbags posing as business people who then excluded and alienated anyone ever close to him that might just talk some sense. And then people wonder why someone is on tour until the day they drop dead.

What's amazing is that they are, after all, just humans.

rct

Right, but why did they all keep silent until now? That all by itself kinda destroys their credibility from where I stand...and it happens all the time. And you're also right that he was Human. Probably one of the few genuine ones out there, even now...

Have you ever listened to his lyrics.. half of them are about getting and or loosing women..

That man really lived the life he sang about [thumbup] (not that im condoning that lifestyle :P)

As for the rest of it.. well it sadly doesn't surprise me any more.. as soon as theres money to be made then anything seems open game these days :(

1432663483[/url]' post='1661279']

BB King had HOW MANY kids???

rct

How many kids did he have? Just curious. I think the man who holds the record on wife's is Solomon. He had seven hundred wives and princesses and three hundred concubines to have sex with. Doesn't say how many children but that's like 1,000 wife's to raise children. Back then they could have sex with their wife, concubines and handmaidens. If he took two wife's to bed every night of the year, he would only cover 730 of them. See 1st Kings 11: 3. (Oh yes, and they turned his heart away from God)msp_scared.gif

Doesn't Stevie Wonder have a crazy situation with a wife and a long term gf?

If they can afford it, I guess :rolleyes:

Right, but why did they all keep silent until now? That all by itself kinda destroys their credibility from where I stand...and it happens all the time. And you're also right that he was Human. Probably one of the few genuine ones out there, even now...

Well they did sue already so they haven't been silent the case just got thrown out due to lack of evidence.

My guess is that these accusations from the daughters are an attempt to get money out of him, which I would also guess he probably didn't take care of properly (He had 15 kids with god knows how many women for hecks sake!) I bet his children felt distant from him since he was always touring and presumably always hooking up with other women! I would guess he may hot have taken care of the kids monetarily for many years as well. I would guess his managers probably were extorting him to some extent as well.

But who knows, perhaps his management team really took care of him and BB was parent of the year to all his kids but the kids are just money-hungry gold diggers.

How many kids did he have? Just curious. I think the man who holds the record on wife's is Solomon. He had seven hundred wives and princesses and three hundred concubines to have sex with. Doesn't say how many children but that's like 1,000 wife's to raise children. Back then they could have sex with their wife, concubines and handmaidens. If he took two wife's to bed every night of the year, he would only cover 730 of them. See 1st Kings 11: 3. (Oh yes, and they turned his heart away from God)msp_scared.gif

Not sure what the point of this comparison is based on the fact that B.B. King was real and Solomon is fantasy / fiction. I would imagine that B.B.'s life was proportionally complicated by his choices, though.

Pfff. That's just a little more than an average size family in Utah. :rolleyes:

"An attorney for Toney said the daughters were chasing a check."

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If both the facts and the law are against you, attack the credibility of the witness.

I expect the daughters would already be getting a good sized "check" from BB's estate, so they don't really have to go after his handlers.

On the other hand, at 89, the claimed "murder" might have been at BB's request. "OK boys, I'm ready to go now."

Things like this seem to be all to far common nowadays.

Several cases in recent years over here in the UK where people suddenly come out of the woodwork claiming that well-known UK celebrities abused them in some manner; and also too common is that this happens after said person has passed away, and is unable to defend themselves.

Let the dead sleep!

It may, or probably not be interesting to see how things pan out...

Hunger for publicity by anybody with a 'connection' however tenuous...

The poisoning theory seems far fetched...and where serious illness is involved, just about irrelevant

What remains is greed for money...and possibly desire for a just recompense for child maintenance

Many artists IMO are naïve and vulnerable to expoitation

Riley was a single minded gigging musician...perhaps over trusting of his 'minders'

But he seemed to enjoy life and music...and brought pleasure to millions... [thumbup]

So thankyou very much... [thumbup]

IMO the 'news' will get boring very quickly...in fact I am bored already.... [biggrin]

V

:-({|=

Blood is thicker than water, but not as thick as money. Why do grown adults feel that they are owed something from a parent. If a parent(s) has/have accumulated money and property, it is up to them who inherits what. That's why we have Wills. IMO, short of someone taking advantage of a feeble minded persons wealth there is no reason to bring forth a law suits. On the other hand if BB had no will then the people who will benefit the most are the attorneys. I choose to remember BB for his music and how he went from nothing to a blues icon. RIP BB.

Kenny V

Not sure what the point of this comparison is based on the fact that B.B. King was real and Solomon is fantasy / fiction. I would imagine that B.B.'s life was proportionally complicated by his choices, though.

Lol just couldn't pass by without poking a hole could ya?