Gibson Brands Forums

L5Larry Concert Announcement - St. Louis, MO

L5Larry

I'm really not very good, or care, about self promotion, but.... This is going to be a GREAT concert. So... for any jazz fans, Gibson fans, or anybody in the St. Louis region that would like to have a really nice night on the town with some great music, in a world renown venue....

17920432365_ce5f204343_c.jpg

I'm really not very good, or care, about self promotion, but.... This is going to be a GREAT concert. So... for any jazz fans, Gibson fans, or anybody in the St. Louis region that would like to have a really nice night on the town with some great music, in a world renown venue....

17920432365_ce5f204343_c.jpg

That sounds awesome - would be well worth it I'm sure, nothing like a live jazz show - though I'm guessing cigars are out these days.

PS given how you titled the thread, I must disagree with your opening statement! [laugh]

I would not mind a short trek out 70 to St. Louis at all, but I am leaving for HarryPotterWorld in Orlando tomorrow, so I will have to pass. I know you will kill that thang!

rct

Do You have any plans/possibility to record the event? It would be great to see/hear it.

Yes, the sound booth at the venue is equipped with Pro Tools that will be running. The problem with live recording a big band is that for general performance very few mics are used. There are mics use for solos only in each horn section, and a vocal mic (of course). So to get the rest of the sound for a recording you have to setup "ambient" mics, and the eternal problem with ambient mics is crowd noise (patron conversation, clanking of dinner plates and cocktail glasses, waiter/waitress service, and my FAVORITE.... the ice crusher and espresso machine behind the bar).

All to say, yes, it will be recorded.... but it won't be CD quality, just "for revue" so to speak. To bring in a 24-track "remote truck" (as we used to call them), is an incredibly expensive and time consuming endeavor, for which we have no budget this year.

I'll see what "evidence" is gathered, and see what I can post. Thanks everyone for your interest.

Hey Larry, Are you going to be performing at the Jazz Festival in U-City, June 5th and 6th?

Hey Santo,

No, I won't be at the U-City festival. On June 6th I'll be playing in Union, Missouri, for "Union Founders Day".

Archived