Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - For my oldest son

Blueblooded

Came across a 2003 Faded Cherry V at my local GC today that is like the one I bought for my son for X-mas back in 2003/04. It's one of the original runs of these with the ebony fretboard and crescent moon inlays. A little bit of buckle rash on the back but otherwise a great guitar. We traded his away many years ago and I know it is one he wish he still had.

Since he's just finished up his first two years of Med school and will be taking his board exams next week, I thought this would be an appropriate gift to celebrate. Here's a pic of him and his little brother jamming in the living room back in the day, and the new one that will replace it. I have band practice tonight so look forward to giving it a good test drive in a bit!

V1_zpsumwueqf3.jpg

V2_zpsron2kgcf.jpg

Thanks guys. I haven't given it to him yet as he's cramming for his board exams now and I got it to celebrate his milestone after he finishes taking the tests in about two weeks. I've been making some adjustments and need to detail it before handing it over. I'm pretty sure he'll be happy when he gets it.

Thanks for all the wishes for good luck on his exams. His last exam is tomorrow and I'm sure it'll be a huge load off his shoulders when he's done.

He came over yesteday for a family BBQ and we gave it to him then. He was very surprised and happy to get it. He mentioned he had only seen one like it posted on Craigslist in the past few years. I don't think he'll ever trade this one away. Here's a new pic with him and his new friend.

Flying%20V_zps9znqrt4d.jpeg

Archived