Gibson Brands Forums

New Jeff Beck Oxblood LP

KSG_Standard

first off id like to note that i am not a believer in artist replica guitars[-( . i am a firm believer in the fact that u must find your own tone, bias aside i think most of what jeff can acomplish (yes, its incredible) is in his fingers not the guitar. one other post by i forgot whom had a great point if the msrp is 8k ill be 6k to buy it yet i cant see paying that for something that i doubt will sound much like beck unless you use it right and thats the art of guitar

its funny. I saw this and thought it looked great on the website. But i can't help but be underwhelmed by the plethora of signature series guitars coming out at the moment. i just don't get excited by them. If you look at Gibson's history, Gibson nearly died in the early 80's. It was saved by guitarists who stuck to the well worn workhorses - the dot 335, the LP Standard and Custom, the LP jr and Special.

Nothing much has changed if you look at the guitarists today. Angus Young doesnt actually play an Angus Young signature series on stage. He plays his trusty SG Standard.

Mind you, everyone has their limits. A signature series Keith Richard Tele might just get me tempted. So....never say never =P~

its funny. I saw this and thought it looked great on the website. But i can't help but be underwhelmed by the plethora of signature series guitars coming out at the moment. i just don't get excited by them. If you look at Gibson's history' date=' Gibson nearly died in the early 80's. It was saved by guitarists who stuck to the well worn workhorses - the dot 335, the LP Standard and Custom, the LP jr and Special.

Nothing much has changed if you look at the guitarists today. Angus Young doesnt actually play an Angus Young signature series on stage. He plays his trusty SG Standard.

Mind you, everyone has their limits. A signature series Keith Richard Tele might just get me tempted. So....never say never =P~ [/quote']

:- =D> very well said my good sir.

Archived