Gibson Brands Forums

R.I.P Betsy Palmer

Guitar God

Just found out that Betsy Palmer died at 88. :( I'm saddened to hear about this. The world has lost an icon, especially a horror icon. As a diehard horror movie fanatic, she will always be known to me as Mrs. Voorhees. R.I.P!

Just found out that Betsy Palmer died at 88. :( I'm saddened to hear about this. The world has lost an icon, especially a horror icon. As a diehard horror movie fanatic, she will always be known to me as Mrs. Voorhees. R.I.P!

+1

Very much a horror icon. She creeped me out easily as much as Jason did when I was younger. RIP.

She was. Like I said, she'll always be known as Mrs. Voorhees to me. Yeah. Especially the part where she gets her head chopped off and she's moving her hands briefly before she falls and when she started talking in little Jason's voice, "Kill her, Mommy! Kill her!". The Friday The 13th series have always been my favorite since I was little. The one that freaked me out the most was Part 2. There's just something about Jason wearing a sack over his head and his face at the end of Part 2 was the most screwed up and scariest than the others, in my opinion. When I was little, I could see Jason's face in all the other movies and it didn't bother me, but on Part 2 his face scared me so bad, haha. Every time I would watch Part 2 when I was little and that scene came on when he busts through the window, it freaked me out and I'd always have to tell my mom or dad to turn it off because his face on Part 2 scared me so much, haha. Took me awhile before I could watch that part without being scared.

She was. Like I said, she'll always be known as Mrs. Voorhees to me. Yeah. Especially the part where she gets her head chopped off and she's moving her hands briefly before she falls and when she started talking in little Jason's voice, "Kill her, Mommy! Kill her!". The Friday The 13th series have always been my favorite since I was little. The one that freaked me out the most was Part 2. There's just something about Jason wearing a sack over his head and his face at the end of Part 2 was the most screwed up and scariest than the others, in my opinion. When I was little, I could see Jason's face in all the other movies and it didn't bother me, but on Part 2 his face scared me so bad, haha. Every time I would watch Part 2 when I was little and that scene came on when he busts through the window, it freaked me out and I'd always have to tell my mom or dad to turn it off because his face on Part 2 scared me so much, haha. Took me awhile before I could watch that part without being scared.

Indeed. The early films(pre-hockey mask)were scarier than the post Corey Feldman ones. My personal favorite is part 6. It's more comedy than horror. Its even got the guy from the first 2 Return of the Living Dead movies!

Indeed. The early films(pre-hockey mask)were scarier than the post Corey Feldman ones. My personal favorite is part 6. It's more comedy than horror. Its even got the guy from the first 2 Return of the Living Dead movies!

2 is one of my favorites out of the series. So is 6. I love 6. I never really considered it more of a comedy horror, though. Yep! Had Thom Matthews in it. 5 had one of the guys from Return Of The Living Dead in it, too. Miguel A. Nunez, Jr.

2 is one of my favorites out of the series. So is 6. I love 6. I never really considered it more of a comedy horror, though. Yep! Had Thom Matthews in it. 5 had one of the guys from Return Of The Living Dead in it, too. Miguel A. Nunez, Jr.

That's right! I forgot about that. I'm a huge Romero fan, but Return of the Living Dead might be my favorite zombie movie.

Betsy Palmer; what a good looking gal..I saw he first on old days television as a " reporter " on the Today Program.

Years before she had a role opposite Jack Lemmon ; Mr. Roberts - the movie...She was a looker in her salad days yes siree. Not sure if she did the role on Broadway tho..

Fast forward to the 80's..I was living in Hilton Head S.C. There I became acquainted with both Mr. Frank Blair of the Today Show as well as Mr. Garry Moore of "To tell The Truth " show ( Bill Cullen, Kitty Carlisle, Orson Bean, Betsy and on occasion a lady from my neck of the woods; Knoxville Tennessee, Miss Polly Bergen )..

Both Frank and Garry were just delightful human beings.. Betsy; to a man said that she was a delight to have on set.. A wonderful professional....I asked about how such a sweet lady could pull off 'Mrs. Vorhees, Basically, they both said SHE ENJOYED IT !!! Well it shows...

Rest In Peace Betsy..

You too Mrs . V wherever you are.

Archived